Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Scrawny Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 pm
I tried putting it between the rack and the seat but I almost dropped everything when I rode off a curb. Had to stop to readjust. Easily top 5 scariest moments of my life.

Baskets won't fit 12", will they? And hanging the plastic bag on one of the handlebars will mean the bag is swinging around the entire time. Hitting your leg or the rest of the bike?

Totally incompatible. :smoker:
By Menco Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:28 am
Yo, a bit late but maybe my 2cents will help out a brother in need.

Straight from the capitol of biking: Amsterdam...

A crate is a great solution. The last time I had to move I transported my whole record collection and other stuff like that. A crate is just very practical in general, but I can definitely understand if you don’t want to use one. I don’t have a crate on my new bike, and tbh I really don’t miss it on windy days or when trying to rack the bike somewhere busy.

Now I just keep records under my arm when I did some digging. When I take records with me on my motorcycle I just place them between my back and my backpack, having the straps of the backpack supporting the lower corners of the records. Make sure you strap in tight and not to round your back. It works better than it sounds like, but you can’t take more than 5 records with you.
By Scrawny Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:13 am
Menco wrote:Yo, a bit late but maybe my 2cents will help out a brother in need.

Straight from the capitol of biking: Amsterdam...

A crate is a great solution. The last time I had to move I transported my whole record collection and other stuff like that. A crate is just very practical in general, but I can definitely understand if you don’t want to use one. I don’t have a crate on my new bike, and tbh I really don’t miss it on windy days or when trying to rack the bike somewhere busy.

Now I just keep records under my arm when I did some digging. When I take records with me on my motorcycle I just place them between my back and my backpack, having the straps of the backpack supporting the lower corners of the records. Make sure you strap in tight and not to round your back. It works better than it sounds like, but you can’t take more than 5 records with you.

Thanks! This is the kind of thing I was looking for. I am on the lookout for any crate I can take. I saw one at a record store for sale for like 5 euro but it feels like buying the little ikea pens lol. :lol:

I'm about to go try the strap thing now lol.