Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
User avatar
By Scrawny Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:29 am
I looked everywhere online to try to find what break Kno sampled for Not Guilty. What is it?
User avatar
By saltmcgault Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Scrawny wrote:I looked everywhere online to try to find what break Kno sampled for Not Guilty. What is it?


Ask kno on twitter.
User avatar
By Scrawny Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:26 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
Scrawny wrote:I looked everywhere online to try to find what break Kno sampled for Not Guilty. What is it?


Ask kno on twitter.


I don't have Twitter. :lol:
User avatar
By Scrawny Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:27 pm
bees80 wrote:maybe you should look offline


I definitely don't have the break or much break knowledge, so I'm asking here.
User avatar
By saltmcgault Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:42 pm
Scrawny wrote:
I don't have Twitter. :lol:


Make an account and ask him. :popcorn:
User avatar
By Scrawny Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:56 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:I know the break, but I won't break the code. Search for it or replay it.


What's the code? No snitching on samples?
User avatar
By Scrawny Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
Scrawny wrote:
I don't have Twitter. :lol:


Make an account and ask him. :popcorn:


I have an unreasonable fear of those social media. :smoker:
User avatar
By Scrawny Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:47 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Scrawny wrote:What's the code? No snitching on samples?


:nod:


Isn't it a well known break? And do you not even tell your friends about samples that were used?
User avatar
By saltmcgault Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:19 pm
If somebody tells you where that break came from doesn't that take the fun out of digging? Why not keep looking for drum breaks? Maybe you will stumble upon something better.
User avatar
By Scrawny Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:55 pm
saltmcgault wrote:If somebody tells you where that break came from doesn't that take the fun out of digging? Why not keep looking for drum breaks? Maybe you will stumble upon something better.


You have a point. I was thinking that that same concept doesn't really apply to breaks that have been used hundreds of times. I thought it was like passing common knowledge down to someone who's just got into it and doesn't have that common knowledge yet, ya see?

When I come across samples that aren't known to everyone thru the internet yet, I only share with homies too.

Thanks. :worthy:
User avatar
By saltmcgault Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:11 pm
I love drum breaks and I think I use them too much. I want to find samples and breaks that haven't been used before. I hate **** with a sample and then finding out wiz khalifa or logic have already used it on an album. It's a total boner kill for me.