Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By mpc4000xl Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:58 pm
How to clean records properly, a photo essay

binger0 wrote:http://flickr.com/photos/vinylmine/sets/286023/

Good LOOKIN' BINGER....................................

http://flickr.com/photos/vinylmine/sets/286023/

By mpc4000xl Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:40 pm
ALSO IF U Didn't Catch this THE AIR CANS Are Often Demagnitizers Meanin' they're GREAT At REMOVIN' Electro Static (NON-Dust Static)
on RECORDS.........................

By Paul R Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:29 am
is it ok to keep records stashed in a cold garage? i got so many at my old mans yard cos my apartment isn't big enough and i'm worried with winter coming if they'll be ok? they're boxed but only in flimsy office archive boxes

thx

By mpc4000xl Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:07 pm
Paul R wrote:is it ok to keep records stashed in a cold garage? i got so many at my old mans yard cos my apartment isn't big enough and i'm worried with winter coming if they'll be ok? they're boxed but only in flimsy office archive boxes

thx

The Short Answer IS YES AND NO..............................

The Problem is 2 FOLD WARPING AND WATER CONDENSATION...........

U Can Do This Possibly For The Short TERM But I Wouldn't Trust More Than 1 to 2 months MAX................

Warping Will Come From Uneven Boxes or (Horizontal) Stackin U Can Minimize this some By Propperly Stackin Ala Library book style or (VERTICAL).............

Now U Cannot Stop the Fact that cold will Lead to Condensation and Condensation will Lead to WATER DAMAGE...............
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Trust ME I HAVE SOME WHACK EXPERIENCE On THIS................

COVERS WILL GET WRINKLED AND MOLDY AND SO WILL THE VINYL.....

U Can Prolong this A Little BY USING ONLY PLASTIC INNER SLEEVES AND OUTER PROTECTIVE SLEEVES BUT THIS IS ONLY FOR LIKE I SAID 1 to 2 Months 3 will be Riskin' it........................

TRUST THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Paul R Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:23 pm
funny u should reply i'm actually moving them to my bro's house this weekend, we've had an early winter and the covers are already wrapping round the vinyl, the way it is now i can't sleep at night

By DLF Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:52 am
What kind of effects does water damage have on vinyl exactly?

By mpc4000xl Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:30 pm
NONE ON THE VINYL.............................

PLAINLY BUT IF THE ENTIRE RECORD IN SLEEVE HETS WET UR IN TROUBLE....................

1. Stuck SLEEVES

2. MOLD

ETC..................

IT CAN GET VERY UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) .. 8) .. 8) .. 8)

By squareSOUL Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:22 pm
I'm all about that windex. S4its cheap and everywhere

By mpc4000xl Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:54 am
squareSOUL wrote:I'm all about that windex. S4its cheap and everywhere

Windex IZ KOOL FOR A Basic Clean But Some Times U Want MORE.........

Plus There IZ Some Derivitve of ammonia in there SO BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!

By shaythamc Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:22 pm
what about lysol disinfectant wipes? they look like they wont be damagin anything to much and should clean and disinfect... and we got a bunch around the house

is there any way to fix warped records? cuz once in a while i grab a record and dont notice its warped till i get home and play it

ez

By mpc4000xl Fri May 19, 2006 4:49 pm
shaythamc wrote:what about lysol disinfectant wipes? they look like they wont be damagin anything to much and should clean and disinfect... and we got a bunch around the house

is there any way to fix warped records? cuz once in a while i grab a record and dont notice its warped till i get home and play it

ez

CHECK THOSE LINKS ABOVE...............U'll get UR Answers There......

8) .. 8) .. 8) .. 8)

GOOD STUFF...............................................

ESPECIALLY THE WARP REPAIR..................... :!: