Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By mxo1210 Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:45 am
Gruv Glide & a #2 Sarasota Lead Pencil to fill lil scratches depends on how bad scratch is on the vynal.

Re:

By jackson Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:50 am
StigmurdA wrote:where can i buy extra cardboards?

In most record stores...
By mpc4000xl Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Dj Pound wrote:A clean wife beater dampened in some cold water, works like a charm as well if you dont feel like breaking out all the cleaning chemicals for your wax.
BTW, anybody else use one of these? Love these things:

Not the same brand but my new brushes are quite similar in appearence.
By jemsbowen Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 am
I read this topic. It good to buy outer lp plastic sleeves if your records don't have any.I would say that some cars, you will know more about vinyl problems and vinyls potentials. I don' know more about WORD ON VINYL CARE. We clean the disk and use again.
By Coz Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:56 pm
What's the best advice for cleaning very old records? I picked up a job lot of 150 78's from the 30's and 40's in amazing condition, but a few are a bit grubby.
By dj e.d.e Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 pm
Coz wrote:What's the best advice for cleaning very old records? I picked up a job lot of 150 78's from the 30's and 40's in amazing condition, but a few are a bit grubby.

soap and cold water rinse try not to get the labels wet, and dont rub, dap dry
By Coz Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14 pm
I was reading the other day that shellac shouldn't come into contact with liquids, so I don't think I will be using soap and water.
By Pastor-of-Muppets Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:12 pm
yeah I'd be worried about dissolving the shellac (or the other things that were combined with shellac to make records). definitely wouldn't use anything alcohol-based on shellac records
By thosetentacles Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:27 am
old record shop trick! furniture polish does wonders for cardboard outer sleeves, graphics pop back to life, pressurized dirt disappears and they smell nice.
also I always throw away shrink wrap and replace with poly plastic because it's A: beefier B: not gonna shrink and possibly warp them treasured jammys.
By JVC Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:58 pm
Before trying some chemicals or/and applying some expensive cleaning system on your vinyls...

3M microfiber clothes (for wiping kitchen counters, not for lens I forgot which one I bought, as there are so many variations. Make sure that it has fussy surface) works great for wiping dusts and some light sticky stuff on vinyl records.

I use it with water spray; right before wiping a record, spray water in mist mode (ideally distilled water) to the microfiber clothes, so that it is slightly damp . Then wipe the record in circular motion. Unlike cotton cloths, it leaves no lint, and it cleans up dusts in the groove.

It works really great, with little amount of work. Highly recommended.