Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By mpc4000xl Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:09 pm
ALSO ............................Keep Lots OF X-TRA..................Cardboardz

BLACK

OR

WHITE

8) .. 8) .. 8) .. 8)
Last edited by mpc4000xl on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By K-Mello Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:09 pm
mpc4000xl wrote:IN NYC or the TRI-STATE the Best Spots For Brushes ...............

IS MUSIC FACTORY OR BEAT STREET..............

This shyt right here hurt my heart because it reminded me of what I only found out like 2 months ago - THEY CLOSED BEAT STREET!!!

I don't get back home that much because of my schedule, but I was on some old devastated shyt!

And they were selling vinyl 75% off before they closed! How sick is that?!?!!!

That shyt will be missed for real.

Peace,
K-Mello
By K-Mello Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:17 pm
Also, if you keep your vinyl somewhere where there is a lot of moisture, like a basement, especially in the summer time when its warmer, a de-humidifier is a MUST! You'd be amazed at how much water is in the air. I have a 40-pint joint and during the summer I have to dump the water almost daily! I'm gonna hook it up with a hose though so I don't have to constantly dump it.

And don't just assume that because it doesn't feel humid to YOU, that there isn't a lot of humidity in the air. Your vinyl is an investment, and it deserves better. Speaking of investment, don't front on insurance either, even if you only rent your spot. Its bad enough if something happens to your spot, without the financial loss of your vinyl and equipment.

Peace,
K-Mello

By Housemaster Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:41 pm
"ALSO IF U Didn't Catch this THE AIR CANS Are Often Demagnitizers Meanin' they're GREAT At REMOVIN' Electro Static (NON-Dust Static)
on RECORDS......................... "

I dun get it do you just tap the can against the record or wut?

By mpc4000xl Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:03 am
binger0 wrote:lighter fluid and a rag. dont knock it till u try it real good for real dirty records. Soap and cold water will clean moderatly dusty joints.

Lighter Fluid Aint Bad But its VERY FLAMMABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
By peezie Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:14 am
i use one in my basement. i have to dump out about 2 gallons every day!
K-Mello wrote:Also, if you keep your vinyl somewhere where there is a lot of moisture, like a basement, especially in the summer time when its warmer, a de-humidifier is a MUST! You'd be amazed at how much water is in the air. I have a 40-pint joint and during the summer I have to dump the water almost daily! I'm gonna hook it up with a hose though so I don't have to constantly dump it.
By mpc4000xl Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 pm
peezie wrote:i use one in my basement. i have to dump out about 2 gallons every day!
K-Mello wrote:Also, if you keep your vinyl somewhere where there is a lot of moisture, like a basement, especially in the summer time when its warmer, a de-humidifier is a MUST! You'd be amazed at how much water is in the air. I have a 40-pint joint and during the summer I have to dump the water almost daily! I'm gonna hook it up with a hose though so I don't have to constantly dump it.

That IS "VERY" TRUE................

Cause those SLEEVES COULD GET NASTY.....................

MY ADVICE IS Always CHECK UR VINYL AT LEAST Once EVERY 1 1/2 Month

FOR MOISTURE AND GRAB LIKE "10" OR SO FROM DIFFERENT SPOTS!!!!!!!!!

And REMOVE THE VINYL FROM THE OUTER n THE INNER SLEEVEZ...........

TRUST THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) .. 8) .. 8) .. 8)

By Hamzter Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:31 pm
I've got mold, should I just throw the vinyl away?

By MegaTON Thu May 03, 2007 4:34 pm
worst thing to find in a record: THE WRONG RECORD *and its WACK!!!
did this early on

By mpc4000xl Sun May 06, 2007 3:25 pm
Hamzter wrote:I've got mold, should I just throw the vinyl away?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRY TO SALVAGE THE VINYL INSIDE AND THEN BUY NEW CARDBOARDS

AND INNER SLEEVES.................

Cause You Never Know You May Find Another Copy LATER And Be Able to Store Your DOUBLES IN ONE CARDBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not Just Use A Sharpie And LABEL The Blank Cardboard Sleeve....... 8)
Last edited by mpc4000xl on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By veritas Mon May 21, 2007 5:11 am
is it good to buy outer lp plastic sleeves if your records dont have any? does it help?

By mpc4000xl Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 pm
veritas wrote:is it good to buy outer lp plastic sleeves if your records dont have any? does it help?

YES IT HELPZ PRESERVE THE COVER AND KEEP Xtra DUST OFF THE VINYL.............................

By StigmurdA Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:38 am
where can i buy extra cardboards?