Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By DFENS Tue May 09, 2006 8:39 pm
cool thanks man. been playing that mix on my ipod a lot recently.

have a good one if you get back to japan.

By gertie Wed May 10, 2006 7:22 am
wow...wicked tunes wickerman!! pleeese some more.....suffering withdrAwal symptoms hehehe

By TurnItUp Sun May 14, 2006 1:53 am
Nice, thank you for sharing.

I aint mad of these tracks though, nothing obvious in that.

By seventh step ent Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:02 pm
ohhhh man. that is hot. PLEASE put up a full track list when you get a chance. I gotta get up on some more japanese music...

One track I was wondering about though is the one that starts at about 10:34 in to the mix (the one with the flute). If you could let me know who this is and the name of the song, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

let me know...1

www.myspace.com/seventhstep

By smog Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:53 pm
Megabomb , thank you !!! :wink:
By chilom Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:57 pm
hi wicker man,

i am a big fan of japanese music, especillay from 60-70's :)

i have sampled a couples of things from japan movies, and recently in the zatoichi's movies serie (there is 25 movies ! great movies !!) : great sample !

the man behind this fabulous sound track music is Akira Ifukube.

here in france i cant grab any vinyl/records from this man. i would like to know if you have some references as it seems you know japan a lot :)

if there is any japan website online selling it, i would be higly interessted.

also i am looking after this man : Hideaki Sakurai

the man behinf the funky music in Babycart series ( Kozure Ôkami 1972-1973).

glad to see there is some asian fans :)

By JOPHILLY Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:02 am
BBBIIIIGGG UUPPSSS!!!! my man came throw. I don't know how i missed this post before?

thanx again. :D :D :D :D

..1.. :twisted:

By mpc4000xl Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:07 am
JOPHILLY wrote:BBBIIIIGGG UUPPSSS!!!! my man came throw. I don't know how i missed this post before?

thanx again. :D :D :D :D

..1.. :twisted:

YEAH..........I Thought Wicker NEEDED A BUMP FOR THIS ONE...........

By talontsiawd Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:17 am
Thanks for sharing

By Da Wicker Man Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:38 am
seventh step ent wrote:ohhhh man. that is hot. PLEASE put up a full track list when you get a chance. I gotta get up on some more japanese music...

One track I was wondering about though is the one that starts at about 10:34 in to the mix (the one with the flute). If you could let me know who this is and the name of the song, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

let me know...1
www.myspace.com/seventhstep

Sorry to take so long with a reply.
Been doing up my house and had little or no internet connection for some time:

The track you are asking about is Afro Rock Theme and its on one of the LUPIN BGM's.

Often comes up on ebay, used to fetch top $ but has come down now.
By BangOut82 Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:25 pm
Da Wicker Man wrote:What up guys...

Heres a link to a all Japanese funk/soul/psych/etc mix I've knocked up.
All the the tracks (apart from one of them) has only had Japanese release so its some rareish **** to be heard:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17177248/Kit ... 3.mp3.html

Also hope you dont mind me droppin a link to some Japanese records on ebay that Im selling off..

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQf ... ennyparker

well I wasn't digging in the crates, but diggin in this forum, and I checked out some of the breaks.,.,i wans't able to get urs off of rapid share probably cause it ain't there no more.,.,.,but I really liek this shit.,.,.does anyone know where to get some japanese rock? or music like this.,.,this shit got some swagger to it and I liek it.,.,.,can anyone help? I spent all day online jus lookin for more.,.,someone hit me up!! wicker man.,.,whas good?

By DeepDig8 Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:52 am
Is this mix still alive anywhere?
I'm dying to hear it!
Can anyone hook it up?
Would be much appreciated!

By Da Wicker Man Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:48 am
I think this link is still active.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V5I9VCWV

I'm about 50 minutes into my second japanese mix now.
Hope to be ready in a few weeks.
Its taking a little longer than I hoped as Im trying to get the mixing a little better this time.

By BangOut82 Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:15 pm
yo wicker man,..,.where can i find more japanese joints like this? I'm tryna get into diggin for rock japanese songs from the 70's -80's .,.,.,shit I been checkin lately., I got somewhat close to soem good shit, but nothing too crazy.,.,.,point me in the right direction friend...peace