Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Da Wicker Man Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:00 am
What up guys...

Heres a link to a all Japanese funk/soul/psych/etc mix I've knocked up.
All the the tracks (apart from one of them) has only had Japanese release so its some rareish shit to be heard:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17177248/Kit ... 3.mp3.html

Also hope you dont mind me droppin a link to some Japanese records on ebay that Im selling off..

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQf ... ennyparker

By featherboy Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:47 am
I'd love to hear this ....... but RapidShare says I've got to wait 64 minutes!!! Is this before the download starts? Doesn't seem very rapid to me.

BTW ...... I've been to the place on the Scottish coast where you can still see the legs of The Wicker Man ....

By alcoloic Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:44 am
really cool ! thanks !

By c.toon Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09 pm
Woah, parkz, didnt know you were on here.
Drop me a PM if you gots more japanese ish :wink:

I see more and more strutters on here :twisted:
.toon

By dj e.d.e Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:01 pm
damn this is fucin hot man i love this ....how old are these songs ? i mean when where they made like in the 70's ? .....

man i heard some dennis coffy theme from black belt jones thats classic wow really dope great mixin too.
man i love the open drum samples in here realy dope . can you put up a track list?....with artist and all.
i need to start digin for some of these beautifull man , funky is deff a universal groove. i love the foxy girl singing.

WOW, WOW WOW thanks man

By featherboy Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:37 pm
I waited over 90 minutes the first time I tried for this. Nothing happened. I'm trying again & it says wait 30 minutes this time..............

By dj e.d.e Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:45 pm
did you hit free on the bottom of the first page i think it is, then go down the bottom again type in the letters it gives you then it will give a 40 sec countdown then you can download it , if you can't get it hit me up and i'll try to get it to you tomorrow or later to night i got to go to a gig for a tailgate party so i cant do it just yet...

By Da Wicker Man Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:37 am
Hey thanks for listening guys.
Domo! (as they say in Japan)

All the joints are from shit I picked up in Tokyo (while on holiday) and they all 60’s/70’s joints.
The Denis Coffy joint is actual a Japanese/Korean only joint, obviously a cover version of Dennis’s original. I just stumbled across it with DJ Sheep on evening in the Jimbosho district of Tokyo, and was well happy with this find.

I probably wont turn out a full track list so quickly as there are 50 or so songs in the mix and I cant read Japanese!! So I have to find a few free hours t go though shit with wifey.
But please fell free to ask for any song tittles you are really feeling, just let me know when they drop in the mix and I will give the name or a record scan in I cant get translation.

Oh yeah]
Big shout to the soul strut fam!

By c.toon Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:51 am
When are you gonna lace me with that Ka*e* r*der shit parkz!?!?
I need a hookup baaad :nagl: ;)

.toon

By Da Wicker Man Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:28 am
c.toon wrote:When are you gonna lace me with that Ka*e* r*der **** parkz!?!?
I need a hookup baaad :nagl: ;)

.toon

What up mang.

Well I have been keeping an eye on eBay but there have been none since we spoke last time.
But I'm going back to Japan in aboout 6 weeks time so I will keep an eye out for it, and let you knw if I find one. In wonder how rare it is? With a bit a luck not rare at all.

By featherboy Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 am
did you hit free on the bottom of the first page i think it is, then go down the bottom again type in the letters it gives you then it will give a 40 sec countdown then you can download it

I hit free ...... but then I'm not given any letters or a place to type them if I did. I've tried with both Firefox & Safari on my Mac. It would be great if you could put it up on a different site.

By ZAM13 Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:17 pm
YEAH... Come on This Ish is Kikin .....Thanks a thousand yen. Got ta Love the Rare grooves.

By dj e.d.e Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:44 pm
here you go if u didnt get it from rapidshare, try this one,
peace da wicker man
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V5I9VCWV
Last edited by dj e.d.e on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By featherboy Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:49 pm
Yesssss.............. it's downloading now. Thanks for the new link.

By Absoul Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:57 pm
Yo I hope you dont mind, but can you get me the names of the artists for clearance purposes? I know its a lot to ask... but pleeeassse. I'm really feelin these tracks