Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By saltmcgault Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:25 pm

I hit up my favorite spot yesterday. Took my time and really looked and found the quite that have somewhat decent stuff at least what i heard skimming through.
By peterpiper Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:39 am
Hey nice. A DJ Premier sample.
Never heard of that Fresh Aire but sounds interesting.
By looking at your records I get the feeling .........YES.......I'll have to dig today! Damn still 3 hours before the shops open its doors..... :D

peace
By saltmcgault Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:14 am
peterpiper wrote:Hey nice. A DJ Premier sample.
Never heard of that Fresh Aire but sounds interesting.
By looking at your records I get the feeling .........YES.......I'll have to dig today! Damn still 3 hours before the shops open its doors..... :D

peace

that fresh aire is from mannheim steamroller. they do a lot of christmas stuff but fresh aire 1 & 2 are not. my grandparents loved them. always listening to them at their place when i was little. brings back memories and plenty of stuff to sample from. Not bad for $10 i heard something i could **** with on most of them. i hope you find something to make the trip worth while. make sure to post what you picked up. :nod:
By JUKE 179r Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:17 am
I really need to get on the ball with my digging. I haven't hit up any records stores since we moved to England 5 months ago. :(
By saltmcgault Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:33 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I really need to get on the ball with my digging. I haven't hit up any records stores since we moved to England 5 months ago. :(

I would enjoy going to some store selling vinyl some where over seas. This dewolfs place is great he has all kinds of old shit most lp's are a $1- $5. I usually just pick something that looks cool or try to find it on iTunes and listen while im looking. That Mannheim steamroller fresh aire vol 1. had a joint on there that the living legends sampled. theres a joint on the henry mancini greatest hits that Ive been **** with but sampled it from youtube. Its nice to actually go back and sample it off wax I think it will turn out a lot better (soundwise).
By peterpiper Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:54 pm
saltmcgault wrote:i hope you find something to make the trip worth while. make sure to post what you picked up. :nod:

Didn't find anything good. Good stuff was overpriced and the 50 cent and 1 EUR bin only had shit and stuff I already have. I need new spots to go. I can't help it seem that the 'good days' for diggin are over here. shops closed or get rid of its vinyl section.
I remember ca. 10 years ago I always found interesting stuff in the EUR bin no matter the shop or flea market. Now I went to 4 different shops and come home without any record :(

Well, ok then I'll dig in my own collection. Still many records I havn't listened to :)

peace
By saltmcgault Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:59 pm
peterpiper wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:i hope you find something to make the trip worth while. make sure to post what you picked up. :nod:

Didn't find anything good. Good stuff was overpriced and the 50 cent and 1 EUR bin only had shit and stuff I already have. I need new spots to go. I can't help it seem that the 'good days' for diggin are over here. shops closed or get rid of its vinyl section.
I remember ca. 10 years ago I always found interesting stuff in the EUR bin no matter the shop or flea market. Now I went to 4 different shops and come home without any record :(

Well, ok then I'll dig in my own collection. Still many records I havn't listened to :)

peace

That dewolfs place I go to sells all kinds of vintage stuff. 1000's of Nintendo ps1 2 3 and Atari games dvd's turn tables and old old junk you can think of. Luckily he does charge an arm and a leg for vinyl except the classic rap shit. I also go to a place 90 min south of me located I Omaha recycled goods is the name. unfortunaly dude knows his shit. poppin off names of band musicians etc. that I was keeping an eye out for and giving me history lessons on those artists and hip hop in general. you would never think that by lookin at him. :lol: try going to old shops that sell all kinds of old shit.. hopefully they have a vinyl section. the goodwill will have some goodies every now and then. I don't dig too often as I was blessed with my step dads collections about 500 of 60's 70's sould and funk. some of my favs are the Rick James and Stanley Clarke LP's Vulcan princess is dope.
By saltmcgault Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:36 am

picked up some more wax. theres some good sample worthy material on all of these. my go to spot in des moines iowa
By Grayscale Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:54 am
Funky B-Boy style drum break on the song Show Me on this one. Joe Tex cover.

Boom bap style drum break on "I Didn't Think It Could Be" on this one.

By Elpimpo Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:51 pm
Local haul, Traditional Japanese, Small acts from way back from the island of Okinawa
Cant wait to listen for gems

By saltmcgault Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:54 pm
Elpimpo wrote:Local haul, Traditional Japanese, Small acts from way back from the island of Okinawa
Cant wait to listen for gems

:smoker: :smoker:
By peterpiper Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:03 pm
^^looks interesting tho the 4th in the first row and the 3rd in the second row look sooooooo mid/late 80s. The first and the last one are looking very nice.
Yes, I know...don't judge a book by the cover.
peace
By Scrawny Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm
peterpiper wrote:^^looks interesting tho the 4th in the first row and the 3rd in the second row look sooooooo mid/late 80s. The first and the last one are looking very nice.
Yes, I know...don't judge a book by the cover.
peace

I've got my money on the first one from the second row :P . Hopefully he comes back with an update. :popcorn: PS why does the second one on the first row only seem like a good bet to me if it was a 12"?