Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By beetjunkeeee Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 am
thought we should start a diggs thread for ur new wax..... so heres mine frum today.....

while playin some other finds i got along with these i came across the sample madlib used for mcnasty filth.... kinda wierd...cuz when i first heard it i was like, 'dam that sounds like that jaylib' ....then i heard the rest and was like yea thats it....
Last edited by beetjunkeeee on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

By dj e.d.e Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:00 am
cool i aint seen any of these thats a new bunch i havent seen ,
hows tha scott thats prolly the only one that get my attention,

what the one next to it? those two look pretty good.

what you pay 2 bucks?

By beetjunkeeee Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:51 am
top left is jorge ben on philips 1963 psych samba from rio de janeiro in vg plus condition i got for $1... top right is gal costa and caetano velloso on philips 1967 brazillian psych in mint condition and set me back 20 but well worth it... bottom left is shirley scott on impulse 1965 wich i got for $1.. looks like it was never even played... strange... i got it at some thrift store... its a nice lp.. a few loops and lots of samples....bottom right is shapeshifters-a jazzstep injection into drum n bass on sour label out the uk... very ill vibes not too dnb-ish...very blunted...got it for $7 wich was a steal for me.....

By dj e.d.e Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:07 pm
DANG kinda steep for 4 records .....

where did you say you got them at a thrift store?

man if those are thrift store buy's your thrift spot need to be changed...
thats grip for thrift finds!

sounds like good music tho.

By beetjunkeeee Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:08 pm
nah homie....the shirley scott and the jorge ben were thrift store buys.... the velloso and the shapeshifters i got at the record store....and beleive me its not steep for 4 records.....that shapeshifters was like imposssible to find even on the bay.... and that velloso is my second velloso record..so i knew how hard it would be to get another one of his even though its not realy his its a gal costa lp with velloso...and that particular lp goes for like 100 on the bay....i only picked up the jorge ben record cuz i know the other jorge ben lp i got called negro e lindo was sampled a few times(once by black eyed peas fallin up) and it has nice ass samples too so i took a chance on it...

By issues Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:37 am
please, please...PLEASE post that mcnasty filth original...

im dying to hear it...i dont even know where to start looking if i wanted to find it myself

By dj e.d.e Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:37 am
beetjunkeeee wrote:nah homie....the shirley scott and the jorge ben were thrift store buys.... the velloso and the shapeshifters i got at the record store....and beleive me its not steep for 4 records.....that shapeshifters was like imposssible to find even on the bay.... and that velloso is my second velloso record..so i knew how hard it would be to get another one of his even though its not realy his its a gal costa lp with velloso...and that particular lp goes for like 100 on the bay....i only picked up the jorge ben record cuz i know the other jorge ben lp i got called negro e lindo was sampled a few times(once by black eyed peas fallin up) and it has nice ass samples too so i took a chance on it...

thats all good i feel you ,
i'll post some of my great finds from this past weekend

By beetjunkeeee Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:17 am
heres a couple from a thrift store dig couple days ago....

soma dat folk....

crazy jesus music with some ill ass dark sounding bass and string samples...
also found another copy of axelrods earth rot..for $1.....

By dj e.d.e Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:56 am

these are my recent digg's in the last weekend it about 135 max i didnt post up the beastie's record i got too, those are about 25 buck each.
and three others i sold today at my shop one cost me 35 bucks and sold it for that i didnt make nothing on it, and the other two are 10 bucks each
jerry vale sealed copy's from 62 OG copy's my customer asked for them so i got them, if you see anytihng you looking for let me know i might sell it if it's a double copy. even these. good prices too!,

update**** the cartoon ones are not for sale and the first pic and the the jefferson one on the second pic are not for sale those are muy only copy's.

By beetjunkeeee Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:17 am
here go a couple from today.... i finally got this blakey for way too cheap....

i guess no one likes to post up their new diggs..... i dont really post up my dope finds... i keep it to me...

By dj e.d.e Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:26 pm
hows that joe jones?

loooks like a good record...is it psyc like miles bitchesbrew

By beetjunkeeee Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:23 am
its psych like coryell kinda..... with bluesy jazzy infuelnce...its nice....

i wish we could make this the official diggs thread though.... so we dont get a bunch all over the boards....

By mindcontrol Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:52 am
u want to be the genius who started it huh :lol:

By beetjunkeeee Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:47 am
nah bump that...... just better to have one then a grip of different ones started.....
By bluevelvet Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:29 am
is that a kitaro Ki record below the joe jones vinyl??? that dude does some crazy shit with synths for his time..

my new digs were at a yard sale the other day 1$$ each for george clinton freddie hubbard ella fitzgerald cout bassie swing at birdland clotrane at birdland...**** i could go on i spent like 60 $$$ and dude was stoked that i took that many records...yardsailin

peace