Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By BLiTzZD Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:25 pm
Star One wrote:HOT SHIT! Rare Pre-Revolution Bluegrass Banjo Pickers. Shit was 800.00 but I name dropped J-Zone and got it for the 500.00.

Man I love record dealers. You can always trust when they say "BREAKS B-BOY DOPE SAMPLES DILLA BREAKS BREAKS RARE"

Yeah I did it :lol: But everyone knows this shit happens for real

**** THAT. $500 for a record is ridiculous, the thing better play itself.
By JVC Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:41 pm
Star One wrote:HOT SHIT! Rare Pre-Revolution Bluegrass Banjo Pickers. Shit was 800.00 but I name dropped J-Zone and got it for the 500.00.

Man I love record dealers. You can always trust when they say "BREAKS B-BOY DOPE SAMPLES DILLA BREAKS BREAKS RARE"

? Is this rare record? I'm confused.
By Star One Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:46 pm
It is now :nod: Wanna buy it? :-D

But no like I said I do it to show a point, that this is how it works in a lot of places from what I've seen.

I figured I was sarcastic enough, but yeah it was a record I found in a pile next to some bins. So I thought I would dress it up to be funny. Amazing how at least to me, it almost looks like it's some saught after record.

I actually had fooled someone with it today. They saw "Camden" and automatically associated it with a lot of dope records that exist out of that label, and assumed this is too.

It's a hell of some trickery. Just watch the very first 1min 15sec to see what I mean.

And I have that record he's talking about. The title is "Bongos Bongos Bongos" I'de have to go dig it out of storage but it's exactly what he explained.

Aside from all this though, I first only did it for laughs, I thought this would be perfect audience for the joke

BLiTzZD wrote:
Star One wrote:

**** THAT. $500 for a record is ridiculous, the thing better play itself.

When I say yeah I did it, I was meaning to say that so people wouldn't think I was serious, that I was the one who put the record in that sleeve, I didn't explain too well, because now that I read it, it looks to me like I'm saying "Yes I went and actually bought this for 500" :lol:
By JVC Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:00 pm
Star One wrote: ... And I have that record he's talking about. The title is "Bongos Bongos Bongos" I'de have to go dig it out of storage but it's exactly what he explained.
Aside from all this though, I first only did it for laughs, I thought this would be perfect audience for the joke

Ah, OK, I see. But I didn't know Camden label would induce that kind of effect to diggers, I mean Camden is known for budget compilations, and I don't remember I've never come cross anything interesting from the label. Commands label, on the other hand, (Bongos Bongos Bongos) have some interesting stuff on their catalog.
By richie Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:06 am
I expect the recordkingz to be posting these records for 150 pounds then.

Rare oop breaks stabz
By JUKE 179r Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:34 am
Mike Bison wrote:Inner Life - Caught Up in a One Night Love Affair

On Prelude Records!!!! 8)
By Star One Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:41 am
JVC wrote:
Star One wrote: ... And I have that record he's talking about. The title is "Bongos Bongos Bongos" I'de have to go dig it out of storage but it's exactly what he explained.

Ah, OK, I see. But I didn't know Camden label would induce that kind of effect to diggers, I mean Camden is known for budget compilations, and I don't remember I've never come cross anything interesting from the label. Commands label, on the other hand, (Bongos Bongos Bongos) have some interesting stuff on their catalog.

Could of just been showing face. He said a lot of dope records were in the Camden catalog. I wouldn't know if there is or not, I couldn't name a single thing I've sampled. :-D

But shitty comps sounds right from what I've seen in one of the stacks of weird records over here haha

richie wrote:I expect the recordkingz to be posting these records for 150 pounds then.

Rare oop breaks stabz

Hah! I haven't heard of them, but it sounds like the kinds of people I was cracking a joke at :nod:
By richie Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:06 am
Julian from the Creators has "Record Kingz" which has been selling vinyl and supplying producers with samples for over a decade now.

http://www.recordkingz.com/
By abc Thu May 05, 2016 9:09 pm
I don't own a camera, but I picked this one up the other day.

By davehate Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 am
phx_chronic wrote:What up guys. Dope haul yesterday.

Highlights:

Nice haul... Skull snaps!
I'll give u 100$ for it right now lol
By JUKE 179r Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:24 pm
Record stores around Atlanta want ridiculous ass prices for trashed records and reprints so I returned to Discogs to crate e-dig... All House Music... :smoker:
By JUKE 179r Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:24 pm
And You-Tube.