Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By shhsonix Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:58 pm
just wondering -
can you automate start and end points of the samples with the q-link faders?  this is a standard feature on most soft synths these days and is extremely important to alot of music (experimental electronic beats particularly/breakbeats).  it would be really dissapointing if they forgot to do that.
I downloaded the manual and after a quick go-thru, i couldnt get an answer.  given the full pc-ness of the 4000, it seems like features can be written into its os in the future, no?  
there are tons more *standard* things that need to be filled in before most people jump on board, i think.  hopefully by summer (with a 4000XL?).[/color]

By earthmorphosis Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:57 am
Yes you can adjust the loop start and end points, but not with the faders-you have to use the jog wheel.  You can also create regions within the sample and rearrange, reverse, mute etc..  The MPC 4K will also automaticaly divide the sample into the number of regions you want, and then slice it and place the new divided samples across the pads in a new program.  As for me, I cut my loops in Pro Tools first and then import them as wave files into the 4K-then I slice them.  Hope this helps.[/color]