Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

Bymasada Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:55 pm
i would like to see true hard disk recording at lest 4 tracks (i m not talking steaming either) so we could do vocals or add guitar tracks etc.etc. but i bet they'll put that in the mpc 5000(akai sucks at times ) ooh yeah i would love to see the 16 tuning return so we could read our old seq made on older mpc models. :)

By earthmorphosis Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:28 am
Other than the obvious things we are still waiting for, it would be nice to see a function that would let you jump to the end of a long list of programs or samples or to locate them using A-Z technique.  My jog wheel finger hurts!!  Still,  its a better jog wheel than on my MPC 2000.[/color]

Bymasada Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:07 pm
akai just told me that they are adding the 16 tuning back.and it would be great if we could use the sliders to edit samples as well to go from the top to bottom of a list(hot idea!)[/color]

By BigMike Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:56 am
earthmorphosis wrote:Other than the obvious things we are still waiting for, it would be nice to see a function that would let you jump to the end of a long list of programs or samples or to locate them using A-Z technique.  My jog wheel finger hurts!!  Still,  its a better jog wheel than on my MPC 2000.[/color]

Would be nice to see the implementation of a USB mouse... probably impossible but it would be nice.

Also, the support of pendrives!  They've got them up to 1/2 GB and I would like to have my libraries on those!  (To stop those snooping around the studio from copying my stuff).

Yeah, the above and the coming CD-R support and I'm set!

Cool.....![/color]