Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Blue Haze Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:28 am
PM from Askia

I know exactly what is going on behind the scenes of the MPC 5000. But this is all I will say. I will no longer post in that thread because it is pointless. You can do what I wrote before or not.

[/quote]

All I can say is good for you and all the best for the 5k. But this has nothing to do with this thread about MULTIs. In the future you don`t have to pm me just write what you send me in the thread so we can all agree to disagree or not. Though it seems either you have a deep confusion on what a multi is or you are hard bent on promoting the 5k. Which by the way unrelated to the thread and this forum I do like the 5k as it is.

Anyways please leave 5k comparsions in the comparsion thread like before.

Whenever you pick up your 4k or you have questions on Multis in Structure, Kontakt and so on just ask nicely.

Thank you and back to Multi discussion.
By Blue Haze Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:43 am
I made such claim. I clearly stated no one in this forum knows 100% what Akai will do next. But I do know (in general terms) that in order to survive, they have to release products that people actually want. If this product is the MPC 5000..great. If it is an MPC 6000...outstanding. But my opinion is that they will not make another MPC identical to the MPC 4000 since this is not what most MPC users want.

One thing you didn't address is that there are no libraries being made today that take advantage of what the MPC 4000 offers. The MPC 4000 (or any hardware workstation) can not fully utilize the sound libraries today. So what would help all MPC users is how to use the more superior software samplers to their advantage.

* If I find time to pry myself away from my MPC, I will probably create some tutorials on how to get the most use from OS2. Stay tuned.

I`m totally lost what does your opinion of the 5k OS has to do with how to use MULTIS, nothing totally unrelated??????

Better yet when you get your 4k you claim to intent to buy show us how to use MULTIS.

If you do return please try to stay on topic MULTIS and keep the 5k comparsion in the mpc comparsion threads.
By Askia Shaheed Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 am
Blue Haze, you are really acting like a female now. I thought we were having a productive conversation but now you are letting your emotions get to you. I suspect you will start editing my threads to say things I didn't say...once again.

I send PMs when I see the potential for something getting out of hand. This is how you act when people don't agree with you or suggest there is more than one way to do certain things.
By Blue Haze Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:06 am
Classic Jah making up LIES again, the old Jah Mind Trick to change the topic and pretend to be a victim as nothing of the sort will or has ever happened. You seems to have a bit of an unusual and self destructive behavior, I don`t know. If it were true the other mods and tutor I might add would see that right away, sadly for you it doesn`t exist. Just another LIE.

YOU ain`t got to LIE to kick it. Just keep on topic, learn a thing or two, and if you can change your ways at least answer the topic at hand without getting into a frenzy over what mpc users use or speculating what 5k can or might do in the future.

Multi on the 4k is about what we 4k users can do now. So from this point on whatever you say I won`t fall for it older brother each respect one another though you still seem to sprout alot of info without facts. It is ok that is your M.O it is funny.

Back to the thread we are talking about Multis and please don`t pm me just write in the thread if you want to add insights or comments about Multis.

Still the question Mr Aksia what have your comments on the 5k OS have to do with Multis, nothing right??

Multis are an important part of the setup of most professional samplers be it hardware or software I think we would both agree.
By Askia Shaheed Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:22 am
As I said before...I try to handle petty squabbles in private. I would have sent this to you in a PM but you would have brought it into the open forum anyway as you have done numerous times. Multi's have been beat to death. I am still waiting for you to accept my challenge to actually let people hear the music....
By Blue Haze Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:29 am
Askia Shaheed wrote:As I said before...I try to handle petty squabbles in private. I would have sent this to you in a PM but you would have brought it into the open forum anyway as you have done numerous times. Multi's have been beat to death. I am still waiting for you to accept my challenge to actually let people hear the music....

Your reply has nothing to do with Multis however I already have and I still do gladly accept your challenge to a beat to hear your music just open a post up thread in the My music forum like everyone else does. :lol:

Then we can get back to Multis. :lol:

I try to handle petty squabbles in private.

Nothing petty except going on and on about the 5k which has no connection to MULTIs the subject at hand.
By Askia Shaheed Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:54 am
Blue Haze wrote: I already have and I still do gladly accept your challenge to a beat to hear your music just open a post up thread in the My music forum like everyone else does. :lol:

I called you out months ago and you have been ducking me ever since....it's on.
Last edited by Askia Shaheed on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Blue Haze Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 am
No need to double post. We are already at the Call out thread please refrain from disrupting the thread.
By shimmyshimmy Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm
Ok buddies, so now some1 will tell me. If I am correct then before 1.40 OS there was no SAVE ENTIRE MEMORY function.
What information multi holds? If you save only multi you will save MULTI>PART>PROGRAM, along with their settings?
SAVE ENTIRE MEMORY is a combination of saving ALL SEQ&SONGS and ALL MULTIS?
Also what is the purpose of setting OUT in MULTI/(F2)MIX if settings from program OUT menu takes priority? Does it mean if I set my OUT in program mode to MULTI, setting from MULTI menu OUT will take priority?
By renegadebliss Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:27 pm
shimmyshimmy wrote:Ok buddies, so now some1 will tell me. If I am correct then before 1.40 OS there was no SAVE ENTIRE MEMORY function.

Not 100% sure when it came about, but sounds about right.

What information multi holds?

Multi's hold the Q-Link settings, Q-Link Sequences, FX selection and settings, Part assignments and any variable that Parts provide
in the Mulit menu

If you save only multi you will save MULTI>PART>PROGRAM, along with their settings?

No, a Multi contains what program is assigned to what part, but when you save a Multi it does NOTsave the program or
samples. It just saves the Multi with what ever settings that you have done to it.
When in the Save menu, and you select to save Multi's it does ask if you want to save Programs and Samples
with the Multi. I generally save the Multi and include the Program and Samples into a new folder. Then when I load
up that folder, it loads everything up like it was before.

SAVE ENTIRE MEMORY is a combination of saving ALL SEQ&SONGS and ALL MULTIS?

That plus Programs and Samples. It might save the Flash settings as well. I'm not a 100% sure, I don't Save Entire Memory
myself, as many times I'm working on 3 -4 different songs. If I save All Memory it will save everything together. I generally
like to save each song to a folder. So I save the Multi and tell it to add the Program and Samples to the save process into
an individual folder.

Also what is the purpose of setting OUT in MULTI/(F2)MIX if settings from program OUT menu takes priority? Does it mean if I set my OUT in program mode to MULTI, setting from MULTI menu OUT will take priority?

Actually, I believe that the Multi overrides the Program. Which is a good thing if you ask me. What this provides, is the ability
take for example, 1 808 Kit and I can have it loaded up as Part 1 , Part 2 , & Part 3. So the program is setup as going to L/R for the
OUT. But with a Multi, I can use that 1 Kit 3 times, in 3 different ways and only use the memory of 1 kit. So for example,
I can change Part 1 to go to 1/2 out and have FX1 and then I can have Part 2 going to 3/4 and going to FX2.

On a sampler/mpc that doesn't have Multi's, you would have to load up the same Kit twice and then tweak those parameters, and it would
take twice as much memory on the machines that need to conserve on memory usage :!:

But to give you a real world example of how Multi's work. Load up 1 Program that is assigned to L/R out. Sequence a quick beat and hit play so that you hear it.
Then in the Multi Part that you have placed this program into;

Multi --> F2 (mix) then move over to OUT. Change from L/R to 3/4. Notice how it's quiet. Now while the sequence is still playing
hit the "Program" button. You'll notice the sound come back on. You can hit Multi and it will go quiet (unless you have 3/4 hooked up and turned up) and then hit Program.

So the Mulit's assignements give you an option to override the Program settings.

Hope that helps...

Dave