Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By83-1038207556 Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:35 am
IF YOUR MAKING A BEAT ON THE 4000 IT IS IMPPOSSIBILE
TO LOAD YOUR TRACK BACK UP WITH ALL THE PROGRAMS OR APS YOU HAD TO MAKE THE BEATS WITH- THE 2000XL WOULD LOAD THE TRACK BACK AUTOMATICLY ONCE YOU LOADED THE SEQ ALL FILE AND THE PGMS SO IF I HAD FIVE KITS  WITH SAMPLES OR WHAT EVER IT WOULD LOAD WITH EVERYTHING IN PLACE WHEN I MADE IT.THE MPC 4000 DOES NOT DO THAt i have to no WHAT KITS I USE IN THE SEQ AND PUT THEM IN THE RIGHT PLACE. IF ITS TAGGED THEN THE MANUALS SUCKS ON EXPLAINING THAT IF YOU NO A BETTER WHY LET ME NO ...DOUBLE M{[/color]

By earthmorphosis Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:11 am
I think the reason your having problems is that the 4000 uses a completely different formula for assigning 'Programs.'  You may already know this but, the 4000 uses something called a 'Part'.  Each 'Part' needs to have a 'Program' assigned to it.  The 4000 can use up to 128 'Parts'.  In other words you theoretically (spelling?) should be able to play up to 128 programs at the same time.  Someone correct me if Im wrong, I haven't ever needed to find out.  So what you need to do is assign the 5 programs to 5 different 'Parts'.  These assignments are global and will not change-no matter what 'Sequence' or 'Track' is being used....but, the 'Part' is assigned to a 'Track.'  So basically, each 'Track' can be a different 'Program' if thats what you want.  Or each 'Track' can use the same 'Program' if you assign the same 'Part' to them.  I hope this does not confuse you.  This is one of the  sickest things about the 4000, and is one of the things that makes it better than the other MPC's.  Remember, you can also load an 'Inst' Program (eg. an S1000 piano-map) and assign it to a 'Program' and sequence a 'Track' of piano using an external keyboard controller.  This is why this machine is not only the dopest MPC, but the dopest sampler ever.  Well....not quite yet.:;):  
Happy new Year![/color]

By earthmorphosis Mon Dec 30, 2002 8:19 am
By the way, once you have assigned all your 'Programs' to different 'Part's', you can save it all as a 'Multi' which will contain only the 'Programs' (tagged)  that you want, and the 'Part's' that they are assigned to.  Wicked.....keep bangin away at it, it will all make sense.     :cool:[/color]