Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By prophet Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:31 pm
Hi!

Is there any specific harddrive that i should use or can i use anyone :?:

IDE

ByMPCFUNK Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:13 am
NO A STANDARD IDE SHOULD WORK ALSO AT AKAI SITE THEY HAVE A PDF LIST OF ALL COMPATIABLE DRIVES.WWW.AKAIPRO.COM

By Nicolas Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:53 pm
Be shure to get a silent drive... HDs tend to be stupidly noisy...

By Gigaton Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:30 am
Nicolas wrote:Be shure to get a silent drive... HDs tend to be stupidly noisy...

That is very "sound" advice. Even the HD that comes stock on the 4000 is at least a little bit annoying compared to previous models that are virtualy silent. Thats one of my only pet-peeves on this piece. My Powerbook is quieter than the 4000

By Nicolas Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:36 am
Even the HD that comes stock on the 4000 is at least a little bit annoying compared to previous models that are virtualy silent

PFFF! I have the MPC4000 + HD and I really am annoyed that AKAI made the choice to put this model HD in it... :( right now I am not planning tot substitute the HD, I work with headphones and try to ignore the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzound of it...

By thegreatmuffin Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:07 pm
Hey Nicolas... Be carefull with your ears :D

If you do not use the 5,25" side of your mpc4000 then you might want to invest in a silent drive. Fix that onto your 5,25" plate of your mpc and put the harddrive into it. Close the silent drive. Put the 4000 back into one piece and aaaahhhh, nice and quiet.

PS, you can order these things at www.informatique.nl

Regards from "that" Muffin 8)

By Nicolas Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:37 pm
:) Hey... I have 2 silent drives in my PC , you can really tell the difference... for now I'm not planning to open the MPC until I have bought 2x 256Mb RAM hihi... (I am planning to record 2track into the MPC)

Thanks for the tip Muffy!