Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By 4000is1monster Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:42 am
I bought a small usb keyboard for my MPC today and noticed that you can press a single button to bring up certain screens. I looked in the manual and it says nothing about how to use Keyboard shortcuts at all. I was wondering if anyone had a definitive list of what letters on the keyboard bring up what pages &/or functions.

By Reveal Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:38 am
sup all,
if u have a usb floppy or zip plugged in the front port i reccomend the applepro usb keyboards cause they got to extra ports at the back 4 chaining devices ,but i havet tried this yet though.

By BeBop Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:27 pm
As a side note...not all USB keyboards work with the Akai - I have a Logitech that works well...got it at Circuit City - so if your's does'nt, don't fret, just try a different manufacturer.

This is what the tech guys at AKAI told me -

Bop

By Reveal Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:57 pm
apple ones work

By AWW_NAWW Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:49 pm
I have a logitech with a ps2 connection running through a PS2 to USB converter that I got from BEST BUY for $15

By descry Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:55 pm
AWW_NAWW wrote:I have a logitech with a ps2 connection running through a PS2 to USB converter that I got from BEST BUY for $15

damnnn, a converter was 15? i got a new usb keyboard for that much.

By 4000is1monster Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:06 pm
when i went looking for a keyboard i went to Best Buy and their keyboards were from $30-$60, I was like WTF??? These were the kinds with all the extra features, volume control, mp3 trasport control, all this bullsh*t.

I went to Electronics Boutique to get a video game and saw this lil keyboard by logitec thats made for the PlayStation 2, Its so cute and small and works perfectly.

By AWW_NAWW Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:44 pm
descry wrote:
AWW_NAWW wrote:I have a logitech with a ps2 connection running through a PS2 to USB converter that I got from BEST BUY for $15

damnnn, a converter was 15? i got a new usb keyboard for that much.

it was going to work with sumthin I paid almost 2gs for ......I aint trippin off $15

By boywithpez007 Wed May 05, 2004 4:48 am
I bought a mini ps2 keyboard that would not work with the mpc4k with a ps2 to usb converter, I bought the same brand keyboard but the usb version and it worked fine. now I use the ps2 for my dps24.... so everyone is happy!
It does piss me off that I cant just press window on a name and start typing, you have to press window move the jog wheel on the mpc then start typing.....otherwise it takes you to those shortcuts..... maybe shortcuts need a (shift) + (letter) function.........
anyway its better than typing on da mpc so ill shut up!
enjoy.boywithpez

By Blue Haze Wed May 05, 2004 7:46 am
USB Calculator anyone?

By Reveal Wed May 05, 2004 11:20 am
Blue Haze wrote:USB Calculator anyone?

sup haze,

give us a link to urs pls.....i wanna check this

By Blue Haze Wed May 05, 2004 1:11 pm
Try www.laox.co.jp or www.yodobashi.com in Japan, but the link is in Japanese. I live in Japan so I just went to the store and got it for 10 dollars=1000 yen around. Check if you can order from Amazon.com. I saw it in a recording mag DJ Tatsuya an famous MPC Producer here uses it and it is very useful for moving along the blocks and entering data in step edit. :D Hmm tried myself to find one on the net but couldn`t. The one I have is made by a Hong Kong company called Elecom. They have a website but I could go through all of their products. www.elecom.com is the address.