Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By [email protected] Fri May 28, 2021 1:01 pm
BIG QUESTION

Can I record my keyboard into the Mpc 4000 without sampling or midi , just direct audio recording.

I hear no and that it has to be triggered by a midi note in order to do free and long recordings of live instruments like keyboards (no midi) and bass guitar.

It would make sense to me you can just press record and start playing away on the guitar when hooked up properly to the mpc4k.

My friends 2500 does this just fine.

any help?

Thanks in advance :nod:
By Andywarhell Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:13 pm
hello, please help. I have such a problem, the sound clicks and is interrupted during playback, there are also noises, I do not understand what is the matter. the device stood idle for a long time
By mpc4000 Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:04 pm
[email protected] wrote:BIG QUESTION

Can I record my keyboard into the Mpc 4000 without sampling or midi , just direct audio recording.

I hear no and that it has to be triggered by a midi note in order to do free and long recordings of live instruments like keyboards (no midi) and bass guitar.

It would make sense to me you can just press record and start playing away on the guitar when hooked up properly to the mpc4k.

My friends 2500 does this just fine.

any help?

Thanks in advance :nod:

So did you figure out how to do it? I want to do the same thing and go no idea how to reach that goal.
By Lampdog Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:36 pm
4k cannot "record in" and play sequences at the same time.
Not all mpc's can do the same things as others, especially if jjos is involved.
By Sinius Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:04 pm
Funfact:
"The USB port can also be used to connect an ASCII keyboard for easier file naming."
You can use the keyboard to switch between windows :-)
By Sinius Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:06 am
Using "Second Sequence" and Solo

Play a sequence XY with several tracks and "Simul play" is ON

Now if you solo - led´s say - the second track in your sequence XY - it will also simultanious solo the second track of your sequence which you have chosen for the "Simul play"!

Hope that makes sence...
By Kranberry Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:19 pm
Every time I try and format a usb drive in the front port of the 4000 it knocks the memory of the USB stick down to like 1GB. I put in a 1TB flash drive and after formatting it there was only 1.9GB of memory. Anybody else?
By Telefunky Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:31 pm
You probably got (in the meantime) that you don‘t have to format on the MPC, but just in case: the onboard formatter probably uses plain FAT, which restricts volume size.
Dunno if there’s a limit how much the 4K can address, but iirc a 32GB pen drive was recognized.
(just format on PC/Mac)