Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By thegreatmuffin Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:57 pm
I am doubting if I should buy a demo mpc4000 without the internal harddisk or if I should order one with internal harddisk.

Do I get the sample library on cdroms if I buy one without? And if I get one with the internal harddisk, do I still get the library on cdroms, as backup?

How about the cables to connect the harddisk / cdrom drive, are these included in both packages?

I can miss one of the two harddrives in my PC, so that might save me some money :lol:

By polysikhs Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:55 am
hi muffin. as far as i am informed, you should be getting the cd roms anyway, as they are part of the package. but for me there was no differen
ce in buying one without harddisk, because they wanted to charge me for putting the disk OUT of the mpc. :shock: also, there was no scsi cable included, instead i was offered a multichord cable for the optional outputs i did not yet order... 8)

By thegreatmuffin Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:05 am
Haha, probably because you live in one of the most expensive countries in the world... Any good tips on places for snowboarding? :lol:

I think you should let the store know there are different versions of the mpc so that they can order the one without.
I heard that the only difference should be the harddisk and believe me, you can install one yourself which will save you some money. And I was told the one Akai puts in it, aren't the quietest drives... :oops: