Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By keyzfame Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:54 am
like i said i dont have nothing to prove! I dont wake up in the morning thinking wondering who the fizzuck i got to make happy! O'yea i dont sample so what can  a mpc do for me doggy! I read music and play it! NO disrespect to those who sample but why do i need a 4000! other than a better sounding drum cause thats all i use the mpc mostly for! Who are you? Whats your name? Cause right now im not no big time cat but im inside and i know who is who and what is what! Oyea you can send me a private message if you dont want to put your business on front street! LIke i told my manager like i told who ever doults me its not what you use its whats inside of you. You know the first quarter begins soon hope to hear about you at the 4th. Mr. dre dre dj quick hang out buddy...that means nothing stop using it. Stop shoot around what you are suppose to be. It means nothing doggy! Teach something.....stop down playing! Thats why i dont hang out with you type of guys. i just make a beat get my check cut my manager his percent and get back in the streets. I dont toss around im this or that im just the same ol gee![/color]

By keyzfame Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:22 am
you know what this was funn.. all in all the debate got me off my azzz and i made some beats...i dont care no more...ok freak or what ever your name is you hot your the shizznet or something ok doggy....you know all done. ima really fall back.....[/color]

By KoolSha78 Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:09 am
freq wrote:Listen up geeks.  

Carl Sagan, huh?[/color]

By KoolSha78 Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:16 am
post deleted[/color]

Edited By MPC-Tutor on 1041926521

By KoolSha78 Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:35 am
freq wrote:Quik loves technology.  [/color]

From an interview w/ Ian Blanch, engineer.

Blanch just finished tracking DJ Quik's latest project at Skip Saylor Recording, an untitled album for Castlerock Entertainment. The track "One On One" needed some precise filter sweeps for the song's intro section, but Blanch had to first overcome some serious doubt in the artist's mind to do so.

"Quik's got to be the most anti-Pro Tools guy I can imagine, he's really into the sound of vintage gear and analog tape machines," Blanch recalls......That's when we convinced him that we had to use McDSP and Pro Tools."

You my friend have been exposed.[/color]

By Gigaton Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:03 am
Yo you cats is gettin mad faggoty up in here. If you don't own a 4000 then why are you posting in this particular forum. I know there's at least a few forums for MPC haters on the net. Go find that sh*t and compete for biggest negativity flowers on the internet and you could be the King of MPC 4000 haterz. I don't hate you for rocking keyboards if you post here, hopefully you are at least thinking of plugging them sh*ts via midi into a 4000 though and you can share some tricks and tips instead of waxing poetic about your financial woes, and big uping Guitar Center in Frisco. That store is laughable, the staff don't know sh*t. and they got a bunch of broke kids without studio time playing demo beats offa Yamaha DJXs. Get over it. I have to drag myself in there occassionaly but I sure as fu@k ain't bragging about it. Dead this issue already, you haters always find a way to have a healthy debate about hot dogsh*t no matter the time tho.... for chrissakes spare a God the heartache.[/color]

By KoolSha78 Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:20 am
I never said the 4000 sucked, just that i dont need it.

BTW. They had the 4000 set up in the main studio room...dope.

Whats wrong with broke kids going to play at GC, thats where I started,  not everyone can afford that stuff. Dont hate on the youngsters big tyme MP3.com cat.[/color]

By earthmorphosis Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:44 am
Dead this issue already, you haters always find a way to have a healthy debate about hot dogsh*t

You that $hit got me laughin till I cried!!! :D  :D  :D  :D[/color]

By freq Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:02 am
post deleted[/color]

Edited By MPC-Tutor on 1041926452

By keyzfame Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:39 am
post deleted[/color]

Edited By MPC-Tutor on 1041926415

By KoolSha78 Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:39 am
post deleted[/color]

Edited By MPC-Tutor on 1041926392