Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By83-1038207556 Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:54 am
I HAD MANY MACHINES AND IM ON THE 4000 NOW BUT I MUST SAY I WILL MASTER THIS MACHINE TO THE BONE SO IM NOT GONE SWEAT IT BUT THE ONE BEFORE THIS THE 2000XL
GOT SUM WORK PUT ON IT AND I STILL HAVE BEATS ON ZIP
AS SOON AS I GOT MY 4000 LAST MARCH BRAND NEW 3500$
I TRIED TO LOAD UP MY OLD JOINTS AND I GOT CRAZY ERROR SIGNS SO I SAID OK NOW REMMEMBER IO STARTED WITH THE 4000 WHEN THE OPERATING SYSTEM WAS 1.13
SO NOW AT 1.33 IM GETTING THIS FATAL ERROR DATA ABORT ID{00000025. I 00193428} FSR C0005005 FAR 0210000
AND THEN I HAVE TO CUT THE MACHINE OF AND  REBOOT
THE ERROr HAppens when you try to load a all sequence
but it a new machine

Edited By MPC-Tutor on 1041618251

By earthmorphosis Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:37 am
Dont sweat it now unless you have a deadline.  If so, hopefully you still have your 2000xl to finish that stuff on.  I have had no problems loading my 2000 disks, but I dont have an XL.  I'm sure that this is one of the many things Akai is working on for future OS updates.  Owning this machine will be an exersise is patients.  I know it is  for me.  I'm starting to get a little antsy waiting for the next update, but I'm in this for the long haul.  Maybe you should give Akai a call or email them.  They probably already know about the problem, but we should all keep the pressure on them until this machine is perfect.  It will be![/color]

By Gigaton Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:58 am
Some of my 2000xl song files are not able to load up. When I try I get the following message:
bad file format(405)
anybody figure out how to work around this yet?

By earthmorphosis Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:37 am
I had the same problem loading stuff from my 2000 to the 4000, but I got that error on .snd files only.  I dont think I loaded any Song files.  And only like 4 or 5 .snds out of a couple hundred.  I dont know what causes this or how to correct it, but I guess you can't expect it to be perfect yet since there are still core functions that have not yet been writen into the OS.  That doen't mean it has bugs, it's more like a house thats still being built.  Also, the 4000's program mode is completly different than other MPC's.  This will affect what is assigned to Tracks.  So what you have to do is Import your sequences and reassign Programs to Parts, and Parts to Tracks.  Then you may have to reassemble the sequences into Song mode. Check my earlier posts regarding 'Parts', 'Programs' and 'Tracks'.  Good luck.[/color]

By lex horton Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:30 pm
i took all my work across and it went fine from an XL.
First up save the project as wav files and in the program remove any assignments if you're using the 8 out's. now you're done

lex[/color]

By Gigaton Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:45 am
Ok peep this. I slept on it and then I woke up and was like fu@k this sh*t is solvable. So what I did was boot up the 4000, yes I said "boot up"! I took a new zip 100 and did a QUICK FORMAT on it. Then I took my old zip over to my MPC 2000xl and loaded up the songs and prgms I needed to transfer. Then I pulled the freshly fomated zip out of the 4000 and put it to the 2000xl. Saved All prgms as .wav and saved the song files .all or whatever. Took this Zip back to the 4000 and all the programs loaded up. I scrolled to the individual Sequences and a list of all of them popped up. Loaded, and boom that shits rocking on the 4000. So basicaly you need to LOAD up the files in question to a freshly 4000 formated disc of off your 2000 and it should work.Word up. Also I've barely scratched the surface of the 4000 and I can tell you this thing is way sicker that the 2000 and that says so much. Amazing machine. I'm already rocking fresh new jointz. i will post soon!! holla[/color]

By thegreatmuffin Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:22 am
I still have some mpc2000xl projects on partitioned zip250 disks. Should it be possible to get those projects up and running on the mpc4000? Or am I doomed... I was too stupid not to transfer the projects before I sold my 2000. And I clearly remember myself loosing partitions after I put a Mpc partitioned disk into my PC, a week after I had the mpc2000.  ???[/color]