Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By polysikhs Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:59 am
hey people, i have some basic questions. how can i copy individual tracks from one sequence to another ? i just can`t figure out !!! the damned "copy to" window does`nt work. the only thing that works is when i first save it to the library or the clipboard and then paste it. also if i want to copy single events in seq edit mode from one track to a track in another seq it won´t work the direct way :( . do i have a buggy os ??? (vers. 1.40) or m i just too f$$$$$$ stupid ??? please enlighten me...

By polysikhs Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:34 am
ahmmm...i don´t know, maybe my question is so embarassing that nobody wants to answer ??? let me try it again please: when i want to copy a couple of notes from a track to another (which is in a different seq) and i want to do this the direct way with the "copy to" function, it does´nt work. my question is: does the "copy to" function only work under certain circumstances ???

By polysikhs Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:36 am
don´t know why all these funny faces appear in my posts all the time...sorry.

By Nanaki Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:03 pm
If you want to copy all tracks to another sequence :
Go to "Bars" in main page, then press WINDOW->select COPY.

If you want to copy one track to another sequence :
Press SEQ EDIT. In this window press SHIFT+Move the cursor, in order to select the entiere track. Then press COPY, ALL NOTE and CLIP BD.
Go to sequence n°2 (for example), press SEQ EDIT, then PASTE and CLIP BD.

By polysikhs Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:42 pm
nanaki-thank you very much, got it now. pressing shift was my problem... :oops:

By Nanaki Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:23 pm
There's another method, easier :
Press STEP EDIT, then COPY and COPY TO. I've discovered this window today.

By polysikhs Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:20 pm
even better. thanks for letting me know.