dont throw it in the garbage...ill take it for free...will pay the shipping of course....
download the os file again...it may be corrupt..the one you havehttp://www.akaipro.com/contentmgr/showd ... hp/id/1780
dunno if this is of any help....
OS Update from Disk
The Z4/Z8 can be updated when the drive media with the V1.10 or later
version OS saved is connected to the
1. Connect the storage media with the "Z48_***.bin" (*** being the OS
version number) OS file in DOS or
ISO9660 format to the Z4/Z8.
2. Select "Z48_***.bin" in LOAD mode and then press DO IT [F6] key.
3. Press DO IT [F5] key when the Load OS Window appears with
the "Load Operating System?" message.
4. The OS Upgrade Window appears with the "Validating the O/S File"
message and checks the OS file.
*An error will be displayed at this point if the file is non-Z4/Z8 OS
file or is corrupted. Try it again with
the proper OS file.
5. When the file check is completed, the "Are you sure you want to
update the O/S to version *.** ?"
message appears. Confirm the version number and then press YES [F5]
6. While updating, the "Erasing Flash Memory" and "Writing OS to
Flash Memory" messages appear.
7. When the OS updating is completed, the "The O/S has been
successfully updated. Please restart." message
appears. Press OK [F5] key to reboot the Z4/Z8.
8. After reboot, press INITIAL [F6] key in UTILITY mode to complete
the OS update.
Note: Do not power off the unit during the OS update process.
pay attention - DO NOT DISCONNECT POWER DURING THE OS UPDATE !!