Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By masada2502 Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:43 pm
[quote=first off i've never said they were coming out with a 4000xl or said I was told that .Now,what was said (and this is the truth,do the math your self)I was talking to a guy at akai (I wont say his name, 4 fear he may get in trouble)who aways gives me the low on whats going on with akai.All the info he gives me is always on point(I knew about the return of 16 tuning ,drum mixing before it was annouced)what it was that he told me was,because of the addition of 16 tuning and drum mixing, intellisample and pjt files are out, due to not enough flash ram memory space.According to Akais japanese site ,1.40 is about 1.14megs in size(I maybe wrong).this makes me wonder how big is the flash ram "2megs" perhaps?if so this would suggest,maybe proves a lack of commitiment on part of Akai to its consumer(us).Now! with this in mind ,lets go back to the development of the 2000xl.the 2kxl was born out of a lack of foresight (in terms of consumer needs/wants)base on overwhelming demand to put new, more modern features in the 2000. due to limitations in its hardware(the 2000)these damands could not be met.the limitation?"its internal rom/flash memory"Ok,Akai had this problem before(in terms of consumer demand overwhelming the hardware)my ? why not perpare,why make the same mistake twice?Which then brings to mind,maybe its intentional(and this is where the 4000xl belief began, my belief)take ideas ,call it a wish list.yeah !,we're going to try to put these ideas in an upcoming o.s.All the while they're just getting ideas for another 3 grand .bata testing on the consumer is what its called. We've seen this before with the 2000 =2000xl.I beleive Akai was shocked at the success of the 2kxl (we can sell the same machine twice with no backlash)Maybe Akai thinks it can pull it off again."masada2502"]test[/quote]