Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By djkillakraze Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:50 pm
hey watts up i created a reagge beat...5 tracks assigned to 1 sequece which is assigned to 1 program .However its too fast...if i slow it down the program pitch it messes up alll the sync.  If i record it as a sample then i cant use track mute...and mess with the tracks on & off.....is there any way to slow down the speed of the sequence without losing sync.  Will time strech work....and it does will i have to do it 2 all tracks.[/color]

By earthmorphosis Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:44 pm
first off to answer your question about time strech:  put your calculator away,  all you have to do is enter the BPM you want to use, and the 4000 will adjust the sample to match.  Go to the sample page.  Select your sample.  Hit the 'Region' F3 softkey. And then hit the BPM F4 softkey.  Then just change the tempo.

Thats from another thread.  But basically all your loops and non-hits will have to be adjusted.  Just set the new tempo on the sequencer.  Then start playing with time stretch on all the samples that need it.  It will take time, but you will get faster.
Good Luck[/color]

By Heavie Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:07 am
djkillakraze

You can go to record and set the input source to main out and sample the reggae track. Once that's done, then assign the sample to a keygroup program. Then you have the sample at different pitches. Now make a new sequence. If you assign the sample to a drum program. Go to pitch page in the drum program and slow the sample down to the pitch you want and then make a new sequence. I hope that helps.

Heavie  
Tommy T's Production
Put your weight into it !!![/color]