Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By Gigaton Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:38 pm
I am losing info when I try to save Entire Memory to the HD. Anybody else have problems with this, and is there a work around?

By earthmorphosis Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:14 am
I have not had this problem.  But, you need to be more specific about what exactly you have lost.  Snds? Pgms? Multis? S&S's?
Let me know.  I bet they are not gone, probably just hiding. :;):[/color]

By Gigaton Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:37 am
Well I tweaked the kick, snare, and high hats using the quick FX feature under the sample menu. The new samples were given the same names with an addition of the number( 1 )at the end.
i.e.- (dsnare) was effected and copied into (dsnare 1)
Then I  Save Entire Memory  at end of my session, and all of the new samples with ( 1 ) at the end are not saved. When I load the program and samples back up I see
(dsnare 1?) in place of (dsnare 1) and at the end of the loading the 4000 tells me that 3 sounds where not found. ???[/color]

By earthmorphosis Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:34 am
I dont really know.  My only suggestion is try and see if it happens again.  If so, email akai and see whats up.  BTW, I usually save 'All sequence & songs' AND 'Multis' seperatly and put them in a folder together.  No problems like the one you had so far.[/color]

By Gigaton Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:30 am
I think thats the ticket. To Save the Multis and songs separately.  
Question: When I tweak the settings and parameters within the programs and I resave the Multi, will it automaticaly save the changes? What is the protocol?[/color]

By earthmorphosis Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:46 am
A Multi is just a set of Programs and the Parts they are assigned to.  You can choose which Programs by saving the ones that are 'Taggged'[/color]

By earthmorphosis Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:01 am
And then you can hit 'multiple' in save mode and your answer is there![/color]

By Gigaton Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:08 am
word[/color]