Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By guesswho Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:07 pm
with the asr sequencer you can flip the bars crazy like if you have a 2bar loop and you want the bar 1.00 to 2.03. to  loop it will do it. with the mpc 4000 i was making a track and the sample was 3 and 1/2 bars and i couldn't do it how if you can make off bars loop.example if its 4 and half i want it to loop at a certain point like this +start point 1.00. end point 4.02.i want it too loop after the 4.02 not wait to wait till it gets the fith bar. thanks if you can....[B][/color]

By earthmorphosis Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:01 am
Hit 'Program', Hit 'KG mix', Hit 'Zone', Hit the pad that your loop is assigned to.  Curssor down to Zone 1-playmode.  Change it from 'One Shot' to 'As Sample' or 'No Loop' Now your sample will only play as long as you hold the pad down for.  Then go to the 'Seq Edit' page and lay your loop starts wherever you want.  If you hit 'Record in this mode with metronome on it will click out the beat while you hold the pad down so you will know when to let go.  Then if its not perfect, go to the 'step edit' page and fix the end points.  The whole point of a loop is that it keeps looping, if you want it to start and stop at different places, its not a loop, its a sample.  Good luck[/color]