Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By Gigaton Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:48 pm
I created a number of sequences and linked them together in song mode. I wanted to make a few little individual adjustments and tighten things up, edit wise, by converting the song to a sequence and doing the rest of the work there. When I converted that song into a sequence, I lost a lot of information, the most notable of which was the highhat information. Each individual sequence that was initially used to create the song, had mutes and unmutes on the 2 seperate highhat tracks. This information was lost after the Convert to Sequence. Now (Song in sequence mode) which ever sequence plays first in the song, seems to control the highhat mute information. Anybody else having this problem and know how to work around it?

By earthmorphosis Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:09 am
Man you are gettin deep with this machine.  I have never used the 'convert to sequence' function, but my question to you is why do you need to do this?  Cant you just tweak the individual sequences, and keep playing them in song mode?  Thats how I do it.  Sorry for the lack of help, but I cant answer them all.  Let us know what you find out.[/color]

By Gigaton Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:19 am
earthmorphosis wrote: Cant you just tweak the individual sequences, and keep playing them in song mode?  [/color]

Yes, but it's a tedious process which is, I am  assuming, why Akai put the (Convert Song to Sequence) feature into play. It has always worked fine in the 2000xl. Maybe it's a bug????? Maybe I am using the feature incorrectly somehow??? Thats why I came in to ask about others experiences. Maybe someone else will try out a similar senario and let me know how it works for you, because at this point the feature is a bit useless to me. But yes it is a great feature in theory, one that makes for quick editing.[/color]

By thegreatmuffin Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:24 am
If I remember correctly, the mpc2000xl had this problem, too. So be patient, it will be fixed eventually. My only worries are "when"...
If you look for how long the mpc2000xl has been on the market, it still isn't completely bugfree.