Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By guesswho Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:39 am
thanks earth but what i really need to no is plain and simple can i have the loop point start at 1.00. and end at say 3.02 or
4.02 my main thing is does the mpc have to stop on the fourth bar example 3.02,4.03.5,02 etc  is what i want to do .=start 1.00 to 2.04 or 3.04 or 5.04 is what i have to do now and with the asr you can do this uneven or even im just curious thanks for the others awnser but like i said the sample fell a litttle past 3 bars . but basicailly can the mpc 4000 do this and how. and the reason why i said loop in the first place casue no matther how the sequence is you still have to have  it loop to keep playing if you no better school me CAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE MAGIC[/color]

By earthmorphosis Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:12 am
I didnt mean no disrespect with the loop/sample comment.  I havent used the ASR so I'm not sure about the function your talkin about. All  sequencers work off a time signature.  In the 4000 you can change the time signature every bar if you want.  Time signature options run the range from 1/4 all the way up to 32/32 on the 4k.  Again you can make it change every bar to produce the same effect you are talkin about, but I dont think there is a way to enter the exact beat numerically that you want to start on.  If someone else knows different, let us know.[/color]

By earthmorphosis Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:31 am
OK, now I think I get what your talkin about. You can take a sequence and copy it multiple times and then truncate it or copy and paste notes on the grid quickly and easily.  So if you do it this way then I think you will come to the same function.  I'm sorry to rant about $hit, but I had a hard time understanding your question.  BTW, the answer to almost all questions about the 4000 is: "Yes, of course it can"  This is a deeply sick machine.[/color]