Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By crossings Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:13 pm
yeah... that solid black 4000 is better than any of those 4000's forat has done... looks like forat still hasn't figured out how to paint the screen area... that factory blue screen frame throws off most his custom jobs.
By BlackC7 Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:20 pm
crossings wrote:yeah... that solid black 4000 is better than any of those 4000's forat has done... looks like forat still hasn't figured out how to paint the screen area... that factory blue screen frame throws off most his custom jobs.

He can do it. Tyrese's MPC screen is blacked out! He used to work closely with Akai and Roger Linn. I believes he even bought the Linn 9000 from Roger Linn. He will fix or repair any MPC, plus paint. He is the go to man for celebrities!
By crossings Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 pm
BlackC7 wrote:
crossings wrote:yeah... that solid black 4000 is better than any of those 4000's forat has done... looks like forat still hasn't figured out how to paint the screen area... that factory blue screen frame throws off most his custom jobs.

He can do it. Tyrese's MPC screen is blacked out! He used to work closely with Akai and Roger Linn. I believes he even bought the Linn 9000 from Roger Linn. He will fix or repair any MPC, plus paint. He is the go to man for celebrities!

sorry, but there isn't a single mpc4000 with a non-blue screen on all of forat's website... i'm talking specifically about the mpc4000's screen frame in my post.
By BlackC7 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 am
I will call him Monday. He's the best. I'm sure not sending my MPC 4000 out of the country.
By BlackC7 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:15 am
What's the going rate for the Blacked out 4000 customization? Forat charges $800 plus shipping.
By damien907 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 am
all you need to do is send your mpc case and buttons, not the whole thing.
By damien907 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 am
im pretty sure ghost charges alot less than 800 for the 4k customization too.
By Blue Haze Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:32 am
damien907 wrote:im pretty sure ghost charges alot less than 800 for the 4k customization too.

Yeah 35,000 yen about $436.00!
By BlackC7 Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 am
I called Forat, today and ordered parts for my second 4000. Bruce also told me that he did one blacked out lcd screen but it's not easy. The inside inserts are actually purple. He said it is a pain to pull all the parts apart; they are glued in. The guy doing the blacked out 4000 is from Japan and has the made in black by the original company that made the ldc display. He said that he really does not want to do custom paint jobs anymore! I was shocked and disappointed to hear that! He is the reason that we have the multicolored and blue 2000xl and blue 4000.
By bomb beats Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am
renato_rizoli wrote:Actually, a custom 4k thread was needed ....

Check out our galery, you can see other pics from these customs :

and we are working on a quite impressive one .... Pics to come ....
I like the work that you do. But, do you have to put your name on everything?
By roxstar Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 am
"I like the work that you do. But, do you have to put your name on everything?"

No Doubt! Rizoli is out cold with his work, but why put your name on the front? How about putting a "designed by" plate on the back. I wouldn't want to see my own name, but I'd prefer it over anyone elses! haha!
By renato_rizoli Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:19 pm
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously, most of the units you can see with my name on it are prototypes in a certain way.
I never saw blacked out 4k screen, so I signed the unit.
I never saw the satin clearcoat I used on some units, so I signed them
The first units I did with gold or marblizeRR effects are also signed ....

I love innovating so I sign a lot ... TRUE :fku: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but I don't put my name if you ask me not to do so,
Some customers have even asked me to put it LARGER !!

BTW I am tired of my own logo so I do it less ... But it was to create a sort of trademark you know ...
By Clint Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:44 pm
I can understand the trademark aspect of it for a custom paint job, but somewhere less prominent perhaps. The stickers you have are cool, but I could never put one on my MPC.