Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By feline1 Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Thing is the official Akai part (when in stock) appears to be $50, but that includes the PCB as well. :hmmm:

Well this is why I have been asking whether it is possible for us humble users to re-fit the part to that PCB! Is it machine-soldered into it on multiple pins (in which case I wouldn't have a hope) or is it simply socketed?
By Coz Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 am
$50 sounds reasonable if it comes attached to the board. I'll grab one as a spare if/when they become available.
By Coz Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:'No longer available' according to MPC Stuff, basically no chance of getting a new one with the board attached.

Bollocks. :Sigh:
By dustymaestro Fri May 17, 2013 4:45 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
dustymaestro wrote:Ok, the best practical offer I got was for $50 each minimum 10 pcs. Do you guys want to do this?

what happened to Allied? That was $18 for a single - are they just not able to supply?

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/produc ... U=70041175

I called them. They are out of stock along with their european company rs electronics.
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 20, 2013 9:51 am
I have a couple of people looking out for these, one of them thinks he can source them direct from China, but he can also get the PCB made up as well, so I feel that would be the best solution moving forward. Both of them were flabbergasted at the $50 prices quoted.

But I guess $50 is ultimately not that much if you are finding using the 4000 data wheel a PITA :nod:
By Coz Mon May 20, 2013 12:27 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:But I guess $50 is ultimately not that much if you are finding using the 4000 data wheel a PITA :nod:

Especially when it's so fluid when it works as intended. Plug and play would definitely be the best solution.