Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By TREV Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:38 pm
WHAT SETTING SHOULD THE MACHINE BE ON.... 96K.... IN THE GLOBAL PAGE???? DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE... THANKS

CAN SOMEONE ALSO PLEASE EXPLAIN THE TIME "STRETCH FUNCTION?" WHAT IT DOES???

THANK YOU

WHERE IS THIS OTHER MANUEL ON THE AKAI WEB SITE??? I GUESS IT'S SUPPOST TO BE BETTER THEN THE ONE THAT IS ISSUED IN THE BOX????

THANKS AGAIN... SORRY FOR THE MULTI QUESTIONS??????
By Gigaton Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:07 pm
TREV wrote:WHAT SETTING SHOULD THE MACHINE BE ON.... 96K.... IN THE GLOBAL PAGE???? DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE... THANKS

CAN SOMEONE ALSO PLEASE EXPLAIN THE TIME "STRETCH FUNCTION?" WHAT IT DOES???

THANK YOU

WHERE IS THIS OTHER MANUEL ON THE AKAI WEB SITE??? I GUESS IT'S SUPPOST TO BE BETTER THEN THE ONE THAT IS ISSUED IN THE BOX????

THANKS AGAIN... SORRY FOR THE MULTI QUESTIONS??????

1) don't know sorry
2) time strech allows you to change the length of a sample without changing it's pitch. In otherwords Say you have a loop that is 3.2 seconds long but you need it be 3.8 seconds long to fit correctly in the sequence you are working in but the pitch of the sample is perfect to begin with. You use the time strech function to get the sample to loop correctly and without changing the pitch.
3) http://www.akaipro.com/consumersite/man ... roduct=145
that should get you there. I believe the manual in question is the reference manual.

By earthmorphosis Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:15 pm
24bit/96k is THE main thing that sets the sound of the 4000 appart from the other MPC's. YES, set it to 96k now! The only thing is, when you sample at 96k, it will use up a lot more RAM. But you have enough to spare....
By TREV Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:33 pm
thanks for always helping me with the dumb questions......