Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Horseclick Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:12 pm

frank it arrived today, will install tommorow as i got my hands full with the kids :Sigh:

i will update the thread tommorow about my installation and if i run into any hurdles so if you can just check the forum every now and then tommorow to see if i run into a hurdle.

ok i bought some 10 minuts repositionable plastic adhesive would this be ok?

wish me luck guys
By Horseclick Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:25 pm
Genesis92 wrote:I think silicone adhésive is better because it stay elastic and thus can be easily removed ;)

ok will need to pop to the shops early tomorrow to find a small tube of silicon glue.

i do have a hot glue gun but no cigar right :WTF:
By Horseclick Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:28 pm

OPENED THE LCD.

BROKE THE CF TUBE WHILE REMOVING IT :(

lesds installed used the black silicon to fill the sides.

now im gonna make a snadwich and wait for it to dry abit before i resemble and test.
By Genesis92 Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:32 pm
The leds must be vertical. They seems to be slightly tilted on the picture.
They must look exactly in the acrylic Light pipe. if not you will lose light efficiency and you can't be able to put it back in place. (the leds must be in contact with the vertical edge of the acrylic light pipe)

!!! you have made a mistake! the black wire must be on the left!

as explained in the manual
"The led strip should exactly fit the shape of the plastic holder. The one used on the next pics is the
prototype board. Install the strip inside the holder and take care to have the long black wire on the
left like on the pictures
."

Check the wires lenght but i'm pretty sur you can't reach the inverter connector if you keep this orientation.
hopefuly you have used the silicon adhesive. it's removable
By Horseclick Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:17 pm
Genesis92 wrote:The leds must be vertical. They seems to be slightly tilted on the picture.
They must look exactly in the acrylic Light pipe. if not you will lose light efficiency and you can't be able to put it back in place. (the leds must be in contact with the vertical edge of the acrylic light pipe)

!!! you have made a mistake! the black wire must be on the left!

as explained in the manual
"The led strip should exactly fit the shape of the plastic holder. The one used on the next pics is the
prototype board. Install the strip inside the holder and take care to have the long black wire on the
left like on the pictures
."

Check the wires lenght but i'm pretty sur you can't reach the inverter connector if you keep this orientation.
hopefuly you have used the silicon adhesive. it's removable

switched it over , did not check as the screen was not nearby, also got a better head on angle, angling the leds is very difficult, as the solderered wires sort of touch the plastic bit directly underneath them .