Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Horseclick Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:07 pm

SCREWED IT ALL BACK IN,

TIME TO TEST

WORKING LIEK A CHAMP,

NOW ITS TIME TO PUT HER BACK TOGETHER.

tHAKN YOU FRANK, THE HARDEST PART REGARDING INSTALL FOLKS IS UNSCREWWING EVERYTHING, AND THE SILICON APPLICATION TO HOLD THE LEDS IN PLACE IS A BIT TEDIOUS.

OUT OF ALL MY MPCS THGE 4K IS A PAIN TO DISAASEBLE.

THE LIGHT IE STREGNTH IS ABOUT 2.5 TIMES BRIGHTER THEN MY NOW BROKEN TUBE, SO THESE LEDS SHOULD LAST ME THE LIFETIME OF THIS MPC.

FRANK WHERE CAN PEOPLE PURCHASE THESE UNITS AS I WAANT TO SPREAD THE WORD NOW TO OTHERS.

ANY QUESTIONS GUYS PLEASE ASK.
By Genesis92 Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 pm
well it's a good new :) !! \o/
i think to start a poll to know how many people are interested and where they are because the shipping fees to US is very, very, verrrry expensive! at least 20 euros.

so the best will be to find someone to dispatch units from the US.
By Coz Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:31 pm
Genesis92 wrote:at least 20 euros.

MPC Stuff charge plenty for their gear and shipping so I doubt anyone will mind paying 20 euros. 8)
By Coz Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:52 pm
Genesis92 wrote:paying the same price of postage fees as the goods in the box could be a problem I think ;)

40 euros for a machine that cost 3 grand when it came out is a small price to pay.

I'm ok with the dim screen on mine because I work in low light (plus I've got a spare), but I'm sure these will sell out quick.
By Horseclick Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:13 pm
Von wrote:
ANY QUESTIONS GUYS PLEASE ASK

Can you adjust the contrast from the knob on the screen?

YES, CONTRAST IS ADJUSTABLE, BRIGHTNESS FRANK SET MINE TO OPTIMAL BRIGHTNESS/LONGEVITY, BUT HE DID SAY YOU CAN DIM/MAKE IT BRIGHTER VIA THE

IF YOU WERE MORE DIY TYPE PERSON FRANK DID SAY YOU CAN DRILL A HOLE ON BACK PLASTIC TO SET THIS KNOB EASIER FROM THE REAR.
By Von Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:39 pm
Im very impressed with this project :worthy: . GOOD JOB!

In a perfect world there would be a brightness adjustment knob with push on off like the 3000..
By Horseclick Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:52 pm
i have basically taken the entire day to do this, being a novice and being really careful yet i still made a crucial mistake, luckily frank pointed it out and all was not lost.

i would suggest people take there time and be really careful the cf tube is really fragile and i broke it without even noticing.

the screens backlight now is superb, its not blindingly bright but it is bright and looks like i have a brand new display in there,

my main reason as to why to upgrade, is longevity>>these leds should last forever but my cf would have croaked soon :)

well done frank and thank you for producing this kit as faan service for the mpc community, this is a professional product folks and the workmanship and design is high end but with a low end price tag.

buy buy buy with confidence franks product is A*

gets a solid 10/10

horse