Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Horseclick Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:41 pm
suchenderxxx wrote:What you do is really great! I got the LED Backlight but i had no time to put it in. But as soon as i did i will report back!

Great Product!

yea franks kit is defiantly a pro solution , last time i spoke to him he had 2 left , let us know how your install goes, also try to capture a before and after pic,
By suchenderxxx Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:37 pm
Hi,

upgraded my LCD with the excellent LED Backlight from Frank. You should all support him and buy one of these kits! It is fantastic! He is a fantastic Guy, highly recommend him.

If you have problems fitting the new led strip in the plastic holder of the tube, desolder the cables and solder them from an different angle. Instead of silicon i used hot glue. It is faster...

I had some trouble with some dust on the lcd, i took the whole lcd apart and cleaned everything. It is fantastic!
By Genesis92 Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:27 pm
off topic ;)
here you can see the laser harp I've built and used for a concert at the synth fest.
it's an event for the vintage synths and samplers hobbyists.
we have seen the Kate Bush Fairlight CMI on stage!
Check the last song from Klair, it was played live and improvised with friends on stage (@ 24:00)

anf for the sampler / Art Of Noise lovers

the official event retrospective. this year Kurt Ader was here and with Deepforest, Michel Geiss, Francis Rimbert. a Great event! :)
By Lampdog Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:24 pm
I still wanted to buy one if you have anymore available. I already understand it will be expensive to post to San Diego, CA.

BUT, a bright led light would be great to have imo.
By smokeme442200 Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:38 pm
It's important for me to note on here that after installing the new led strip / balist it has completely fixed the noise issue in my headphone jack, I have diagnosed this problem previously in another thread, this is the solution. I am currently unable to detect any noise what so ever in my headphone.

However, I don't think most of the individuals reading this should be attempting the install, this Is because most people will break there mpcs from not knowing what they are doing. Thank you
By smokeme442200 Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:32 pm
Any chance an LED kit is floating around? My headphone jack is hissing horribly and changes hiss when i adjust my screen contrast.

I strongly suggest using a cable that goes from quarter inch 2x mono ( male-male) to eighth inch female. Hook this cable to your main 1/4" outs on the back, then go into global mode and and turn up your gain as high as it will go, this is the best option as the headphone out is crap on the Mpc 4K just use your digital out or your xlr outs to go to you board enjoy :)

Also if you are interested I have been seeing an led screen for sale on eBay and reviews on that would be cool :popcorn: