Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By suchenderxxx Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:52 pm
Hi,
i bought an MPC 4K, got it today and it had some issues with the LCD, I sorted it out which was an problem with the ribbon of the HDD. After reseating LCD worked. Then i tried to audition some samples but i have no sound output on the Headphones and Mainouts.
I am a Newbie to MPC´s so maybe im doing something wrong... I tried to browse the HDD looked for an Sample and tried to press the audition button on the function Keys but nothing happens. If i load a Sample go to the Trim page and try play it starts but no output....
then i tried to sample something, i connected something to the Inputs, selected the Input on the Phono/Mic/Line Switch and also selected analog in on the MPC but it shows no Signal.
Can someone of you help me with my problem?
By Ian Canefire Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:39 pm
Someone more knowledgeable will surely answer you. However in the meantime:

1) have you tried both the headphone output and the external outputs?

2) during sampling from an external source were the level meters were not responding on the sampling screen when the source's music was played into the MPC?

3) Have you watched some of the youtube videos explaining the process?

Thanks,
Ian
By Mike Boogie Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:32 pm
I made the exact same rookie mistake when I got my first 4k. Congrats on getting one of the best MPCs made!

Forgive me if I seem foggy about this...It has been a WHILE.

Since the VU meters are moving in the RECORD menu, we know that audio is getting TO the machine. Do you have the 8-out card? Go the the MIXER screen, there at the top of each track you will see a square with the output assignment of the track. ( You'll see L/R, L, R, or a number.) Make sure your mixer is routed on all channels to L/R (L/R = your main outs, this also means your headphone output as well).

Next, we need to find a sample to assign to Program 1, we can't get sound until this is done.

Do you have any sounds on your HDD? If no, sample something and assign it to a pad. Now here is the important part a LOT of people forget... Go back to the main screen. Move the cursor down to the PART section, and RE-ASSIGN Program 1 (the program we just assigned the sample to) and hit the pad.

DISCO.

Next, download this: http://www.mpc-tutor.com/files/mpc-manual/MPC4000_manual.zip
Put it on a USB Flash Drive and run down to Office Depot and give the cute, chubby girl behind the counter about $20 to print and bind this manual. (You WILL NEED IT!)

Enjoy your Em Pee Cee!

P.S. You're missing the 1st close bracket for the soundcloud link in your sig... :smoker:
By weather Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:23 am
Hey whats up suchenderxxx!..i have a z8 that i brought on ebay and have the same problem..i opened it up but i dont know where the effects board should be..or if i buy a new one where should i put it??
By ancntvhkl Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:18 am
I had the same issue. Took the FX card off, its mounted so close to the cpu board the soldered posts on the cpu board cut through the copper traces on the fx card. Now i need to jumper around the breaks in the copper traces.