Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Fylthy Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:14 am
I'm experiencing a weird response from the 4000. The tiniest little clicks, must be only a few ms long, of my output (1-8) channels are appearing on the digital out. I have one part sent to L/R and it is clear as a bell on the spdif output - I have eight other parts sent to channels 1-8 at the multi, and though they are coming through clear as can be on those outputs, the tiniest transients of them are also coming through on the spdif, and nothing is routed that way, and even if it was, it's not the full sounds, just the tiniest fraction of the transient, coming through as little clicks. What's weirder is that it's not every beat that it's happening, just every few beats, at what seems like random, but exactly on those hits (ie. it's not clicks associated with sample rate issues etc.). Totally bizarre and I can't figure it out. Has anyone experienced this before?
By wavejockey Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:09 am
no (i have the adat exp.)
but i have a similar problem on a EMU command station where you hear little ticks/clicks on the S/PDIFF out when the main outputs are not properly connected/grounded
sounds like mains/power DC/AC voltage switching
By Fylthy Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Thanks for your help. I opened her up to take a look at the power board - all was good. I remembered when I've had strange behavior from a synth it can be a battery issue. Changed the CR2025 and sure enough it's all good again now. Just goes to show what very odd behavior can be seen sometimes.