Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By4000-funk Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:02 am
IS THERE A WAY TOO GET TOO THE START POINT OF A SAMPLE WITH OUT USING THE JOG WHEEL WITH THE MPC 2000XL YOU HOLD SHIFT AND USE THE SLIDER TO GET THERE THE JOG WHEEEL IS COOL BUT IT IS TO SLOW CAN I USE Q-LINK HOW PLEASE HELP

By bump Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:58 am
I was wondering that myself...if not now maybe in a future os. All you gotta do for now is just go to the start of the sample and enter in a number like 20,000 or something and keep doing this to you get close enough to the where you want the sample to begin and then use the wheel. You prolly already knew that but oh well...
Anyone else????

By4000-funk Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:41 am
WORD DOG IM GLAD TO SEE SUMBODY FEELS MY PAIN

By earthmorphosis Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:34 pm
Hopefully Akai will impliment the use of the Q faders as an alternative to using the jog wheel in a future OS version. I think the Q faders should also be able to be used to scroll through a long list of samples or programs too. The only way to get this put into the OS is to flood Akai with E-mails....

[email protected]

or dirrect to Japan....

[email protected]

By Gigaton Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:19 am
Wouldn't it be nice if we could figure out how to program those features into ROM ourselves. It might actually get done then. They don't want to do it they should let us.