Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By elferbeats Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:48 pm
Hi.

I have a problem that has me crazy lost with Studio One and MPC 4000.

I do all the sequencing with the MPC and almost always do everything with samples directly from the MPC but sometimes I put some virtual instrument, before from Logic and now from Studio One. The problem I have is that I can not sound more than one instrument the time

For example, I create two tracks in the MPC and two tracks with two virtual instruments in Studio One. In the MPC to each track I assign the MIDI output 1 (which is the one that goes to the MIDI input of the interface) and track 1 I assigned channel 1 and track 2 channel 2. In Studio One I also assign channel 1 and channel 2 for each of the tracks.
Well, always sounds the instrument of the track you have selected in Studio One.

Let's see if someone can help me.

By the way, this happens to me as much in Logic as in Studio One. In both the same thing happens.

I hope to have explained myself well with Google Translator. LOL
Thanks and best regards
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:32 am
elferbeats wrote:Hi.

I have a problem that has me crazy lost with Studio One and MPC 4000.

I do all the sequencing with the MPC and almost always do everything with samples directly from the MPC but sometimes I put some virtual instrument, before from Logic and now from Studio One. The problem I have is that I can not sound more than one instrument the time

For example, I create two tracks in the MPC and two tracks with two virtual instruments in Studio One. In the MPC to each track I assign the MIDI output 1 (which is the one that goes to the MIDI input of the interface) and track 1 I assigned channel 1 and track 2 channel 2. In Studio One I also assign channel 1 and channel 2 for each of the tracks.
Well, always sounds the instrument of the track you have selected in Studio One.

Let's see if someone can help me.

By the way, this happens to me as much in Logic as in Studio One. In both the same thing happens.

I hope to have explained myself well with Google Translator. LOL
Thanks and best regards

Let me check into this.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:35 pm
elferbeats wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:Let me check into this.

Thanks!!

I'm not sure how to do it in Studio One. However in Cubase there is something called Input Transformers, which allows the MIDI Channel to be routed independently.

Example:
Midi Track 1 with channel 1 on the MPC, will only play Midi Track 1 with channel 1 on Cubase.

You need to find out how to filter each MIDI channel, so that only MIDI channel one will play from MIDI channel of the MPC 4000. The issue is Studio One not the MPC 4000.

Also

If you have the MIDI SETUP is right and you can't hear more than one sound at a time. Try selecting/highlighting more that one each instrument in STUDIO ONE. Let me know if this works.