Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 29, 2019 8:44 am
Lets say Program one is Piano and program two is Sax and you want to play them both sounds at the same time.

Go to Multi Page
Assign each Program One to MIDI CHANNEL 1A
Assign each Program Two to MIDI CHANNEL 1A
GO back to MAIN PAGE
SET Out 1 to the following - Out 1: INT A
Press play on your keyboard and both sounds with play.
You can layer as many programs as you want. To a certain degree.

-0-

If you want to have someone play piano and someone play Organ from two different keyboards.

Go to the MIDI PAGE
SEND MIDI in-I to sampler A
SEND MIDI in-II to sampler B
Go to Multi Page
Assign each Program One (Piano) to MIDI CHANNEL 1A
Assign each Program Two (Organ) to MIDI CHANNEL 1B

Whatever Keyboard is plugged into MIDI IN PORT I will play channel 1A/Program One
Whatever Keyboard is plugged into MIDI IN PORT II will play channel 1B/Program Two

Better late than never. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 29, 2019 12:44 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I wonder why Akai are having so much trouble implementing this in the new generation of MPCs?

Perhaps they're more sound focused. I use two MPC 4000 synced together with a Patch Bay.

MIDI OUT of computer to MID IN 1 on the PATCH BAY
Patch Bay MIDI OUT 1 TO MIDI in 1 on MPC 4000 (1)
Patch Bay MIDI OUT 2 TO MIDI in 1 on MPC 4000 (2)

When I press play on the computer it pushes both MPC' 4000 for tracking. That's why these MPC should link to each other via Ethernet or USB. That way we don't lose a MIDI input. Also give us 4 MIDI inputs or/and allowed 16 outputs from a single MPC like they did with Akai S6000 sampler. That way I could do everything with one machine.

MIDI OUT of keyboard 1and 2 to MIDI IN 2 and 3 on the PATCH BAY
Patch Bay MIDI OUT 3 TO MIDI in 2 on MPC 4000 (1)
Patch Bay MIDI OUT 4 TO MIDI in 3 on MPC 4000 (2)

Use this to play dual instruments, when I load larger Sample Sets that eat up the 512 MB of RAM. :lol: This is were Disk Streaming would've been perfect for the MPC 4000. However, many things did promised did not happen. I really hoped the MPC X would've address this issue but it did not.