Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Beatdiggerjazzcat Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:54 pm
bizon wrote:I have used Jazzcat few years back with 4000 black screen issue. He said we need a new screen so I paid him £200, he replaced it and it didn't work. He couldn't find the issue. In the end he asked for another £70 for his time spend. I have found a guy called Steve based in Cambridge and within few days he brought LCD screen back to life. The issue was a tiny transistor. He replaced it and everything works perfectly few years after. So black screen is not always a screen issue it might be something else.

This is almost 100% Bulls**t, as I have proudly run a "no fix no fee" service since day one.
If you paid money or were asked for money it would have been for the display itself or other work/parts for the machine.
I do remember being told a 4000 had a dodgy transistor that had tested fine here, but can't find our messages.
I would love it If we could find our emails/ messages on this so I can correct this post.
I would never request money from someone for a job I could not finish.
Jazzcat
By bizon Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 pm
Beatdiggerjazzcat wrote:
bizon wrote:I have used Jazzcat few years back with 4000 black screen issue. He said we need a new screen so I paid him £200, he replaced it and it didn't work. He couldn't find the issue. In the end he asked for another £70 for his time spend. I have found a guy called Steve based in Cambridge and within few days he brought LCD screen back to life. The issue was a tiny transistor. He replaced it and everything works perfectly few years after. So black screen is not always a screen issue it might be something else.

This is almost 100% Bulls**t, as I have proudly run a "no fix no fee" service since day one.
If you paid money or were asked for money it would have been for the display itself or other work/parts for the machine.
I do remember being told a 4000 had a dodgy transistor that had tested fine here, but can't find our messages.
I would love it If we could find our emails/ messages on this so I can correct this post.
I would never request money from someone for a job I could not finish.
Jazzcat

You are saying this is almost all 100% bulls*** and you don't agree with one thing :Sigh:
Just to refresh your memory: I have brought the MPC to you myself. You have texted me we need new LCD screen after your inspection. You have ordered new one and I have sent you £200 via PayPal. Then you have replaced it and that didn't solve the problem. You kept the MPC for a bit longer and couldn't find the issue. I came to collect it and I politely asked if I owe you anything for that then you said because of the amount hours you worked with swapping LCD screens and looking for an issue it will be £70 for that and I have agreed for that. I even went to cash machine that time. And you still don't remember? I didn't have any problem with paying you for your work. If you deny all of that it's just disgusting man...
By Beatdiggerjazzcat Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:08 pm
I remember buying a new display for a 4000 that was not successful. You would have paid for that part. You would not have been asked for money for unsuccessful work though, especially for something as basic as changing a display.
As I said, there has been a no fix no fee service from day one.
You are 100% mistaken on this part, and that is why I request some sort of message thread to back your claim.
Would be great to clear it up here.
Please feel free to message me if you find it.