Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By NIQULUS Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:43 pm
Ok so, heres brief run down of everything:

1) ordered 4k off of ebay about Christmas 2018

2) powered on but got no sound.

3) tried to check it out from the inside out but found nothing.

4) about a month later i pushed the power button and nothing...

I don't know what to do, ive never used this thing at all and i know it can be saved but it's hard to find Akai approved repair and I'm certain akai doesn't support the 4k anymore. I'd appreciate any life hacks if anyone has anything.
By JUKE 179r Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:35 am
Try another power cord or wall socket,
Open her up,
check the fuse isn't blown,
make sure everything inside is connected together securely like RAM, wire connectors, cable connectors,
look for signs of corrosion and bad/cold solder joints on the circuit board. Start at the start switch and work your way back,
if all else fails... sell it to me for parts. :smoker:

BTW... welcome to the forum. :-D
By Smokeyjoejoe Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:12 pm
Internal fuse, would be first thing to replace, when blown you won’t get any power, they go quite regularly. Can get them at electrical store, make sure they match, same type as in MPC.

Regarding no sound what so ever, could be any number of things. You sound like a new user, so fingers crossed it could just be your software routing, make sure you haven’t got LR outputs set to 1/2 in your settings. If hardware, well it’s modular design so you can get replacement parts if you can find them and swap over. It’s just diagnosing the fault. Good luck