Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By fm_xtk Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:46 pm
Hello,
been away for a while and about to purchase a 4k (in 2020 - that's another topic).

Reading the manual and watching YT I have not found an answer to this question:
How does qlink automation of parameters get stored? I.E. is it possible to assign a qlink to a parameter, record the motion into a sequence and then assign that same qlink to something else and so on?

For example if I automate Decay of a HH can I perform that into a sequence and then assign that same qlink to the pitch of a snare, record that, etc?

Or is the assignment static in the sense that if I automate the Decay then change to something else that Decay automation is lost?

Many thanks for your help!
By NearTao Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:35 pm
Check this out... I think this is showing what you are looking for man.

I'm pretty sure you can do more complicated stuff, but this'll get you an idea of how to do q-link automation in a step sequencer. You can then go off and record these sequences to the track... so you can stack a lot of automation in the machine.

By fm_xtk Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:01 pm
Thank you - I suppose when the slinks have been recorded they can be reassigned with thr automation being kept.
By NearTao Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:27 pm
fm_xtk wrote:Thank you - I suppose when the slinks have been recorded they can be reassigned with thr automation being kept.

Yeah... once you record them you can assign q-links to something else.