Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Lampdog Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:11 pm
If adat 1/2 is used for main out just like I’ve witnessed I only have 6chnls adat assignable. Trim mode seems to follow whatever main out is assigned. I can understand that.

By CharlesRandolph Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 pm
Lampdog wrote:If adat 1/2 is used for main out just like I’ve witnessed I only have 6chnls adat assignable. Trim mode seems to follow whatever main out is assigned. I can understand that.

Now it makes sense, why people used the ADAT and SPDIF together. 10 channels for digital audio out
By Lampdog Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:10 pm
Makes perfect sense when thought about that way. I was SURE I didn't have this issue.
Well, human and wrong once again. I’ll be going back to strictly ADAT and keep main outs connected for trimming.

...or disconnect those 4k main outs and trim exclusively in Kronos2. Sampled a complete
61 notes last night with a Nintendo DS stylus and it was EASY going. Hardly ever had to touch any hardware buttons, sliders, knobs and/or wheel.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:51 pm
Lampdog wrote:Makes perfect sense when thought about that way. I was SURE I didn't have this issue.
Well, human and wrong once again. I’ll be going back to strictly ADAT and keep main outs connected for trimming.

...or disconnect those 4k main outs and trim exclusively in Kronos2. Sampled a complete
61 notes last night with a Nintendo DS stylus and it was EASY going. Hardly ever had to touch any hardware buttons, sliders, knobs and/or wheel.

Best thing about being wrong, is we learn more things. The MPC 4000 is a study, I'm still discovering new things. Just like your scenario. I've been searching for 3 ADAT cards but now, I fine without having them.

Digital card and ADAT card work together.
Analog Main out and 8 out Analog cards go together.