Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Lampdog Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:08 am
It’s been a while since I put hours into my 4k and I could have swore I’ve
been in trim mode before and had audio through adat.

Only way I can hear audio while trimming is main L/R at the moment.

I’ve been through parts/pad mixer, tried many diff configurations and everything works fine except trim audio via adat.

Am I just bugging and forgetting something simple?
By CharlesRandolph Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:19 am
Does it work with the spdif digital outs? I don’t have the Adat card just the digital and 8 analog outs. But since they’re mirrored it seems like it should work. Are you selecting L/R or 1/2 as your outs?

Maybe Check if the program and pads outs are the same in the mixer.
By Lampdog Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:46 pm
I don’t use coaxial spdif since rme ufx doesn’t use use the coaxial connectors.
4k can do optical spdif, Ikve tried that with different configurations also (same configs you suggested and many more) and same result.

Main menu works via adat / analog main out. Trim screen however only wants to work via main analog outs. Gonna jump back into a “micro-search” today to see if I missed something.

I’m betting it’s something small and I will kick myself later. It’s no big deal for it not to work
as I use way more midi than sampling, but, you know, sometimes you just wanna sample, and I’d rather monitor via adat and not have main outs connected at all.

Thanks for the troubleshoot help.
By Lampdog Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:08 pm
Figured it out. I KNEW it was gonna be something small. :Sigh:

Previously had:
ADAT (8 assignable) out 1/2:1/2

Changed to what you see above and now everything works via ADAT, no need to connect
analog main outs for trimming anymore.

Aiight, So when the above is configured (1/2:L/R) I’m unable to use ADAT 1 for a mono kick.

When 1/2:1/2 is configured I can only hear TRIM mode on analog main outs.

I’ve tried different PART and PAD mixers settings, PROGRAM, KG and SAMPLE monitoring to confirm this going back and forth between GLOBAL, main menu and TRIM modes using only one mono kick sample, no other samples loaded.

Fixed the old problem and now a new one, lol.
I’ll figure this one soon. Yes I INITIALIZED the 4k several times with new clean MULTIS and PPROGRAMS (not loading anything, started from scratch with a fresh incoming sample).
By CharlesRandolph Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:35 pm
Lampdog wrote:Figured it out. I KNEW it was gonna be something small. :Sigh:

Previously had:
ADAT (8 assignable) out 1/2:1/2

Changed to what you see above and now everything works via ADAT, no need to connect
analog main outs for trimming anymore.

Aiight, So when the above is configured (1/2:L/R) I’m unable to use ADAT 1 for a mono kick.

When 1/2:1/2 is configured I can only hear TRIM mode on analog main outs.

I’ve tried different PART and PAD mixers settings, PROGRAM, KG and SAMPLE monitoring to confirm this going back and forth between GLOBAL, main menu and TRIM modes using only one mono kick sample, no other samples loaded.

Fixed the old problem and now a new one, lol.
I’ll figure this one soon. Yes I INITIALIZED the 4k several times with new clean MULTIS and PPROGRAMS (not loading anything, started from scratch with a fresh incoming sample).

Man... I asked you to check that. :lol: :lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:Are you selecting L/R or 1/2 as your outs?
By CharlesRandolph Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:40 pm
Lampdog wrote:I did. I had to INITIALIZE. I’d INITIALIZED before, and it didn’t work. For some reason it worked this time.

Other Problem: Perhaps, 1/2 are sent out as Stereo Pair. Try fully panning the MONO KICK to right or left.

Edit: Or on the mixer page, select L or R for your kick. (See if that works.)