Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By cleansocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:16 pm
HELLO,

I been playing with this unit for a minute its wicked but I wanted 2 take my stuff to the next level and actually record from vinyl like a pro so i got an Ion Max LP record player... well the thing plays fine but when i record the sound is SO **** STATIC it rapes my eardrums from the sound AI Can barely hear the actual record.

I rly don't want 2 have to open this again but I read it could be a ram issue?? I tried installing a piece of new RAM last time and it didn't seat correctly or something idk but it the machine did not recognize the new stick so i said **** it and closed it up again.

WELL idk if that did something to **** it up as i was extremely careful as I could be, it plays sounds from my USB stick great as well as the sounds from the previous owner in the hard drive. SO maybe its not a ram issue?? Idk, but I tried everything.

I played records with and without anti static cover, still super static. I set the gain to low and u can barely hear it and when you can hear it its almost all static. Set the gain to high and u can make out the record but its 90 percent static. IM fkin pissed since a big part of what I wanted 2 to was to sample from Vinyl. **** madlib's fisher price Toy recorder and his sp had better quality than a m p **** c 4000 with a decent recorder. WTF?
By cleansocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:35 pm
I'd LIKE to once again reiterate the sound from the MPC 4000 is FINE ON USB AND HARD DRIVE Sounds and the sound from the Record player is fine, just RECORDING TO EACHOTHER something is happening in the mix. could it be the cables or the audio ports? I got the cables new but could it be a possibility?
By cleansocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:54 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Try switching the input on the 4000 to line and plug Ion Max LP record player into the MPC Line In, not the phono. So coming from the Ion Max LP record player, you'll need rca to 1/4 cables or rca to 1/4 adapter.

It was on line in, I switch to phono and back. Still problems. U think I might need to swap out Mono cables altogether? Or I need the adapter? Where would I plug in rca to 1/4 adapter? To line in port ?
By cleansocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:03 pm
btw I just tested my Line In with my Korg Volca attached. Beautiful crisp sound. From what I understand my MPC 4000 has been relatively consistent in delivering me quality sound so I'm really skeptical its the ram, but I just can't piece why the mono from the MPC would sound so trash compared to what's being played from the turntable speakers
By CharlesRandolph Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:30 pm
cleansocks wrote:Would Signal GND have something to do with it? the knob is all the way tight

The Ion Max LP record player is line level. You have to switch it to line and plug it into the line in. Same place you plugged the korg. Do not plug it into the phono inputs. That's why I said you need rca to 1/4 inch cables.
By cleansocks Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:34 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
cleansocks wrote:Would Signal GND have something to do with it? the knob is all the way tight

The Ion Max LP record player is line level. You have to switch it to line and plug it into the line in. Same place you plugged the korg. Do not plug it into the phono inputs. That's why I said you need rca to 1/4 inch cables.

My bad... I just read a similar topic and u right. Thank u very much :worthy: wish i did some more research before i got this turntable tho...
By CharlesRandolph Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:58 pm
cleansocks wrote:
My bad... I just read a similar topic and u right. Thank u very much :worthy: wish i did some more research before i got this turntable tho...

You need these cables. Out your turntable into the line in on the MPC.

Hosa CPR-201 Dual 1/4" TS to Dual RCA Stereo Interconnect Cable
[url]https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CPR-201-Stereo-Interconnect-Cable/dp/B000068O16[/url