Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Austematic Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:55 pm
So I have an mpc 4000 and an audio technica at lp60. When I plug the rca cable directly into the mpc it has so much distortion you literally cannot hear the song. I've done everything I even bought an audio mixer to try to see if that was the problem. I'm running the record players rca cable to the mixer input channel and then I have a second rca cable running out to the mpc 4000. There's a ridiculous amount of distortion Making it totally unusable. I adjusted the master level it was at -7DB originally but I've tried going down to 0 and it still doesn't change anything
By vout Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 am
The LP60 has a built-in phono preamp, you have to switch it off if you want to connect to the 4000 phono inputs. Or you can use the LP60 preamp and connect to the line inputs on the 4000 instead (1/4" jacks). One or the other should work fine.
By cleansocks Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:07 pm
hey man, i had the same problem with my record player few months ago, if your turntable is plugged into RCA (phono jack in MPC 4000) from the turntable, then either your MPC 4000 or your turntable is not set to PHONO. In your case with the loud distortion, my bet is your MPC is on Phono but your Turntable isn't. Fortunately, that's an easy fix. Just flip the switch in the back of the LP60 so it's set to PHONO. LINE IN only works with the 1/4 inch jacks in the MPC.