Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By cleansocks Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:02 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
cleansocks wrote:no... come to think of it that would have been much smarter to do :Sigh: ... time to go the long route and load em with USB.

It's easier to use Ak Sys or open up the mpc, remove the drive, connect it to your computer, then drag the samples to the drive that you intend on leaving on the drive. You can't copy files from the usb, to the ssd. You'll have to load the samples into the MPC memory, then save the samples from Memory to the SSD.

It's tedious but you CAN copy it over from the USB to the SSD by loading a folder from USB with samps, saving it to SSD, wiping current memory. Rinse repeat with another folder. I agree in that it would have been way way easier to just transfer all the sounds first but I have done this before I'm not too put off its just gonna be a little annoying wiping memory like 10 times.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:14 pm
cleansocks wrote:It's tedious but you CAN copy it over from the USB to the SSD by loading a folder from USB with samps, saving it to SSD, wiping current memory. Rinse repeat with another folder. I agree in that it would have been way way easier to just transfer all the sounds first but I have done this before I'm not too put off its just gonna be a little annoying wiping memory like 10 times.

Yes, that's what I said, You have to save it into memory first, then from memory save it to SSD. I had 40 Gigs of sounds, when I had the SSD inside there and that was not going to happen. We'll, as long as you have the time and patience, it's no issue. Enjoy and good job. :nod:
By cleansocks Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:23 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
cleansocks wrote:It's tedious but you CAN copy it over from the USB to the SSD by loading a folder from USB with samps, saving it to SSD, wiping current memory. Rinse repeat with another folder. I agree in that it would have been way way easier to just transfer all the sounds first but I have done this before I'm not too put off its just gonna be a little annoying wiping memory like 10 times.

Yes, that's what I said, You have to save it into memory first, then from memory save it to SSD. I had 40 Gigs of sounds, when I had the SSD inside there and that was not going to happen. We'll, as long as you have the time and patience, it's no issue. Enjoy and good job. :nod:

yeah... :Sigh: :Sigh: i may have skipped that sentence the first time. I see that you did mention that yes. Clearly I need to read more. Thanks man
By cleansocks Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:25 pm
dryad-66 wrote:It would be much easier to take the SSD out and use a adaptor and just copy the stuff across.All this loading and saving is crazy.

YEAH i ended up just taking the SSD out and transfering 40gigs of sounds with the cable... It sounded convenient but after 4 folders I Couldn't handle manually sorting all that in the MPC by taking the USB out and wiping the memory and doing it over for multiple folders. fuuuuuck that. when you're right, you're right :worthy:
By CharlesRandolph Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 pm
:lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:
It's easier to use Ak Sys or open up the mpc, remove the drive, connect it to your computer, then drag the samples to the drive that you intend on leaving on the drive. You can't copy files from the usb, to the ssd. You'll have to load the samples into the MPC memory, then save the samples from Memory to the SSD.

If you have over 1+ gig worth of sounds, take out the drive and transfer it. Because 400 mb will take 16+ minutes just to load into the MPC 4000 memory. Also the MPC only holds 512 MB so that's a good 2 hours of work. :nod:
By cleansocks Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:30 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote::lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:

If you have over 1+ gig worth of sounds, take out the drive and transfer it. Because 400 mb will take 16+ minutes just to load into the MPC 4000 memory. Also the MPC only holds 512 MB so that's a good 2 hours of work. :nod:

wait... whaaa :hmmm: :shock: are u saying i have to open my mpc up once again...

Why can't i transfer it from the drive to the memory, I used audition to test some of the sounds out in the load page and it sounded fine to me. what benefit do i have using akai sys over directly thru USB or the drive?
By Ianbryn11 Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:54 am
dryad-66 wrote:It would be much easier to take the SSD out and use a adaptor and just copy the stuff across.All this loading and saving is crazy.

Hey there. Just curious as I am going to be doing this soon. What is the best way to hook up the internal drive to the new ssd drive to transfer folders before putting the new drive in the mpc?