Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Smackdee Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:30 pm
Got a chance to pick up a super clean one for $800!
It's the one MP I never really had the chance to wrap my head around but always wanted and with all the horror stories on the new MPCs, figured I might as well just grab the 4000 and be done with it...

Did want to know how you guys feel about the workflow in this day in age?
By CharlesRandolph Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:25 am
Smackdee wrote:Got a chance to pick up a super clean one for $800!
It's the one MP I never really had the chance to wrap my head around but always wanted and with all the horror stories on the new MPCs, figured I might as well just grab the 4000 and be done with it...

Works great! Still modern and I use them everyday! Give it sometime because it's similar but very different than most MPC. It's a long study and I still find new things everyday. :nod:
By Smackdee Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:16 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Smackdee wrote:Got a chance to pick up a super clean one for $800!

Works great! Still modern and I use them everyday! Give it sometime because it's similar but very different than most MPC. It's a long study and I still find new things everyday. :nod:

Definitely will be a long study but I'm looking forward to it... I remember being puzzled with the whole parts/programs thing...
Another question, I remember reading years ago a way to invert the sample edit screen but I've never actually seen it, is that even possible?
By Lampdog Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:20 am
Not about invert, but, check pm.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:24 am
Smackdee wrote:
Definitely will be a long study but I'm looking forward to it... I remember being puzzled with the whole parts/programs thing...
Another question, I remember reading years ago a way to invert the sample edit screen but I've never actually seen it, is that even possible?

This is my first time hearing about it.
By Lampdog Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:28 am
Invert ONLY the sample edit screen? Never heard of that.
By Smackdee Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:47 am
Yeah maybe I'm tripping because like I said, I myself have never seen it but I do remember reading about it, that's another thing that bothered me about the 4k was the sample edit screen, wish it was more like the 1000-2500 but oh well I'll get use to it...
By 40Beatz Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:18 pm
Ive had my 4000 for some years....Never understood lot of things inside it(still dont lol)

But dissecting the X/Live helped me understand the 4000 Alot better! I go back and forth between the Two.

If the 4000 had a Touch Screen, It would be Godzilla in my opinion!
By Blue Haze Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm
Think of the 4000 as synth workstation to understand the parts and programs. I work more with synths and sound designing these days but working with synths helped me understand the 4000 multis, parts and key groups more exactly like a synth workstation except you have to find and load samples to or your oscillators.