Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Lampdog Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 pm
cleansocks wrote:LOL, so SMPTE does not carry any audio so IT is more comparable to MIDI ? I thought SMPTE was like just regular 8 out with the special signal that makes ur timing better or something, but if that's not the case then I really don't see the use for it. I'll find some other way to track audio to my PC

Nooowwww, your getting it. MTC is what your looking for tho.
By cleansocks Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:14 am
yooooooo i finally figured it out. This is for my own reference in case I forget or if anyone runs across this that needs it, I'm sure everyone in here already knows this:

My SEQ 5 Needed an effect , recorded on TRACK 7. Well the thing is, there is another Sequence later in the song that was ALSO recorded on track 7. The problem is, these two use two different programs, so even when I went to Track 7 Part 7 Program 7 that fixed that part of my sequence but **** up the rest of the song. When I went to SEQ 8 Which was recorded on TRACK 7, it needed PROGRAM 8.

Well what I didn't realize was That though I could be lazy and Record SEQ 5 With TRACK 7 Program 7 and SEQ 8 With TRACK 7 PROGRAM PART 8. Is that eventually when the song is compiled into one big sequence, it is going to use it's own TRACK 7 settings.

If I switch my SONG 002 TRACK 7 - PROGRAM 7 - PART 7 to PROGRAM 8 PART 8, well then the part required for SEQ 5 won't play correctly as the SONG 002's PROGRAM 7 is using program 8 now, which is correct for SEQ 8, but not 5.

BECAUSE Both SEQ 5 and SEQ 8 Were recorded on TRACK 7, when compiled into a song I could not use both sequences correctly as switching to one program would break one sequence and vince versa on TRACK 7.

That song is essentially a dud. I would have to re record one of the parts with a different track and part. I think if I understand correctly, different tracks / parts can use the same program.

But it was worth the Lesson learned: Keep Tracks / Parts their own separate entity when recording otherwise you'll end up being very annoyed with your final product