Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By dabmeister Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:55 am
I recently got my files uploaded on my machine but can't seem to get my "autoload" feature to work. In global I've made sure the option was turned on, but still, nothing happens. I wonder if it's because of the SSD interface and hd itself that's causing this. :hmmm:
By CharlesRandolph Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:24 am
dabmeister wrote:I recently got my files uploaded on my machine but can't seem to get my "autoload" feature to work. In global I've made sure the option was turned on, but still, nothing happens. I wonder if it's because of the SSD interface and hd itself that's causing this. :hmmm:

On the main directory you need to create a folder named: Autoload
Then save your project you want to autoload in that folder.
By dabmeister Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:08 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
dabmeister wrote:I recently got my files uploaded on my machine but can't seem to get my "autoload" feature to work. In global I've made sure the option was turned on, but still, nothing happens. I wonder if it's because of the SSD interface and hd itself that's causing this. :hmmm:

On the main directory you need to create a folder named: Autoload
Then save your project you want to autoload in that folder.

Thanks, but I did that before doing anything else. Tried naming it in both upper & lower case, first letter cap, etc. Because I noticed the lady icon never tapping her feet after it's powered up. So I figure the slow boot response from the combo of the SSD and IDE to SATA interface has something to do with it. Would like to know if anyone has dealt with this and found a remedy.
By dabmeister Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:06 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:I've had no issues with it.

I've boxed it up and put it away for now. Not only will I have to deal with the autoload issue, I'll have to clean and reset the pad sensor ribbon cable because four pads to the far left are not working. Not a big deal, but it's expected if you don't use something for a long time.
By Methlab Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:15 pm
wavejockey wrote:my autoload on the SSD is working fine
be sure it includes an everything file

If I wanted to put my autoload on my USB stick would I need to delete the Autoload folder on the internal HD first? Just curious how that works.
By DNSKI Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:37 pm
Hi Guys.
I have the following problems with the 4k. Of course the fan, I think I'll have to live with that. I've already tried another fan, temperature control, and manual control. The more important problem is the optical drive. I installed an SSD. When the optical drive is connected, Autoload from the SSD does not work and it takes a long time for the SSD to be recognized. I have to go via LOAD and only then does the SSD appear. When I disconnect the cd drive everything is fine. Autoload works. I know. who still needs the CD drive today. But is there a boot order that I can change? I haven't found anything about it. Thanks for answers.
Greetings from DNSKI